Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:48:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [RTR] A New Year, A New Begining & A New Chapter For Cove
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [RTR] A New Year, A New Begining & A New Chapter For Cove  (Read 3851 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:35:57 pm »

Greetings Covians,

As I sit here almost two years to the day since I officially and somewhat out of the blue became GM of BoC I feel a great sense of pride at what has been achieved in what many would have had us believe was a dying and doomed community.

However, over the past few months it's become increasingly difficult for me to devote the time and energy required to fulfil the role of GM to the level that I expect of myself. My family deserve more of my time and I'd like to spend the reduced time I'll have to RP in game having fun rather than dealing with the various OOC distractions that often become part and parcel of GM life.

Therefore the decision I've deliberated long and hard over is that I'll be standing down as GM of BoC.

I'm very grateful to Octiovus for agreeing to come back and resume control of the guild that he created over five years ago and I'm sure he'll guide us to further glory as GM once more. I'm not leaving UO or BoC but my game time will be reduced, so I'll continue with Raiden in a lesser role.

As is customary in these types of posts I'd like to say a few thankyous, hopefully without gushing too much.

Firstly I'd like to thank Octi for giving me the opportunity to GM the finest guild in UO RP. It has been both an honour and a pleasure.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has served on the Command team over the past two years with special thanks to Hoagie, Kelly and Carcer, without who's efforts it's unlikely that we'd still be here enjoying ourselves. A big thank you too to Keres and Penny for their efforts more recently.

I also owe a debt of thanks to former Commanders Erik and especially Gregor, who's wise words have been greatly appreciated during my term as BoC GM.

Before this note turns into an essay I'd just like to wish Octi and everyone in the Command team the best of luck.

Keep on Covin'.

Raiden.
BoC GM, Jan 2008-Jan 2010.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »

*Salutes.*

Was a pleasure!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »

*Blatantly quotes Hoagie*

*Salutes.*

Was a pleasure!

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:52:12 pm »

Pleasure a'was.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Freckletip
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »

*sniffle*

Glad we'll still have you about.
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:37:49 pm »

We love you.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:53 am »

Damn, thanks for all the time you've committed. I am pleased to hear you are staying as Cove wouldn't be the same without you!

Its also nice to hear that Octi will be coming back! Our families must always come first.

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:10 am »

The finest guardsman ever to have graced the ranks of Cove.
His courage was absolute and his strength without peer.

And now he's no longer Command we can all kick 'im in! MWAHAHAH!!

My thanks for doing an incredible job as GM, man. It'll be sad to see you go from Command. GM can most of the time be a very 'unsung hero' kinda job - the hours you put in behind the scenes were immense, and you were still able to show your face in-game and present leadership.

And also being the only or at least one of the few guardsmen to have made it through the entire structure from Recruit to the top is a fantastic achievement and I challenge any of you noobs to do the same Smiley

My best wishes to you and your family Smiley x

Surya/Eason

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:58:11 pm »

Raiden,

As you go to stepping down, remember that all of us here owe you a debt of gratitude for your efforts. That many of us, myself included, owe you an apology for things we said when we thought the door was closed so to speak. You've suffered blame, anger, mockery, Armchair GM-ing, fame, love, achievement and friendship at our hands. Some of that you didn't deserve. . . IE. the whole blame anger and mockery. But you deserve much more love and friendship for doing what you do, what you did, and what you'll no doubt continue to do.

You've truly been a keeper of the Covian Way As those before you have, and hopefully those after shall as well.

Cheers mate!

And for the Covian Way.

-MK

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 05:30:50 am »

Good thing you aren't leaving or I would personally have to hunt you down and drag you back. *winks*
I look forward to continuing playing with you as you have time.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

Thanks for everything matey, be seeing you ingame then! Smiley
Louis Calavera
Watchman Calavera!
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

Thank you for everything Commander !!
We love you !

*signed*
Louis Calavera
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:18:03 pm »

Can i have your guilds?

;p

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:07 pm »

A very belated thank you chief, a massive one in fact, you've truly entered the annals of Covian history in style.

During all the time I've spent in Cove you've always been around in one way or another. You've always provided excellent roleplay and concrete leadership without once coming off as too strict or lacking in heart. The face you've provided to both our friends and our enemies has never done anything but assure them that the Baronship is a guild they can trust with their interaction. On top of that you've provided a limitless influence and I'm certain I'm not the only person that's learned from your example. Off the field of battle Raiden Morana has been a truly memorable character, with men and women alike. You've endeared yourself to us, been a fine guardsman and valiantly shouldered the mantle of Commander.

Thanks for all the time you have dedicated to us over the years matey, we won't forget it. For now you appreicate that hard earned quality time with the family and we'll see you when we see you.

Cheers,
KV.

(PS; If you don't come see us Buttons and I will egg your house, consider yourself forewarned)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:50:46 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length