Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:45:12 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Criminal warning ! Crazed bearded axeman !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Criminal warning ! Crazed bearded axeman !  (Read 3548 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:39:32 am »

I was at the barracks earlier this morning just minding my own business with Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie, Junior Guardsman Tyrael Styx and an oddly familiar stranger. The man spoke of living nearby, between Vesper and Cove if I remember correctly, but was only passing through looking for buyers for his logs.

We got to talking and the subject of joining the Baronship came up. However this fellow was dead set against joining and even put on a display of how bad his skill with a hatchet was. He said it was the only weapon he had any knowledge of (what with chopping so many trees) but you could tell his display was a fake, he was trying far too hard, this fellow definitely knew what he was doing.

Anyway, we carry on talking and he mentions he once served time in our cells. I'd already become concerned after his display of "poor skills" so once he mentioned serving time I instantly became suspicious. Hoagie then went on to accuse him of being a mage murderer and for a second I could have sworn I'd dealt with the fellow in the past for assault. I even went so far as to accuse him, however I let it go because I couldn't be sure, but now I know better.

After my outburst the man professed his innocence and I settled down a little, we continued to talk and after a while had smoothed over our disagreement. We got back to discussing his way with wood and he mentioned his wish to go chopping nearby. For some reason he requested protection so I left Hoagie and Tyrael and headed off into the woods.

Everything was fine for a time, he chopped and gathered his wood and I made sure the local wildlife didn't take a chunk out of his ankle. The work wasn't exactly interesting so soon enough I was left to relax while the stranger went about his work. I closed my eyes just for a minute and awoke to find his axe at my throat.

A roughly drawn picture of a man holding an axe to Valentine's throat

He jabbered on about something or other with such a fierce look in his eyes that to be quite honest I can't really recall what he said, it was such a shock. I was stuck between feeling outrage at being assaulted by the same man twice and fear of the sharp blade at my neck. I managed to work up the courage to tell him just how foolish he was and even shouted for Hoagie in the vain hope that he could hear over such a distance.

A carefully drawn picture of Valentine telling the criminal what he thinks

He grew angry at this, laughed and knocked my spellbook from my hands. With no magicial protection to aid me I could only wait for him to attack. When that time came I jumped on the opportunity of freedom and ran as fast as I could.

An uncannily drawn picture of Valentine running for his life

However it was no use and he soon caught up. Indeed were it not for the recent repairs to my armour the blows from his wood blunted axe could have been far worse. As I fell I heard him laugh and then the sound of footsteps running off into the woods.

A distinctly well drawn picture of Valentine lying face down in the dirt

This man must be stopped !

The assault of a guardsman mere footsteps away from our barracks is bad enough yet this is the second time he has commited such a crime. If you are of the magicial persuasion I would stress that you take extra precaution over the next few days since this seemed to be what motivated him.

His description is as follows.....

• Quite an old man perhaps fifty years of age
  • Long hair, short beard and moustache
  • Hair was coloured blue but seemed recently dyed
  • Plate armpieces, slightly worn and with a green tint
  • A dark cloak

Since this man is previously known for his deeds it is likely he used a disguise, otherwise I doubt he would have risked setting foot in Cove.

Be on your guard, he is to be considered armed and dangerous, arrest on sight.

Signed neatly in official handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:52:17 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:37:21 am »

Yes, this has to be a crazy man.  Makes no sense to attack the Baron's men for no reason.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 05:03:18 am »

I told Hoagie that you guys were gone for an aweful long time.. I knew it! I have this sence for danger!  If I see him.. I'll give him a royal thrashing!

*~Signed~*
       Tyrale Styx,
            Junior Guardsman
qom_riyadh
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:50:42 am »

Kinda job for Carl Hammond I think
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 07:01:31 am »

Well I've seen this man, and know what he looks like so if I do come across him..  He'll regret it..

*~Signed~*
       Tyrael Styx,
               Junior Guardsman
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 08:16:19 am »

A mage killer!? Well.. I'm not scared..!

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
userjosh5368
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 11:09:30 am »

Doing the land a service? Hey wait Kas you say got hit'? Ah best get the wycth mage beater, oi Kas get geared lets go hunt this bastard!

*Arms his shield and runs off*
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 12:00:13 pm »

Hmm, I'll let my sister Luna know about this and see what she has to say. She has been an accomplished lumberjack for many years and I'll bet she'll know of such a man.

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 03:30:02 pm »

May be a member of that new group "The Black Hand" causing trouble as usual.

*signed* Conan Darkmoon
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 04:26:43 pm »

First time i've heard from Kas in ages and he's complaining....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length