Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:52:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Vanguard Attacked Followed up by a Sentry at the Gates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vanguard Attacked Followed up by a Sentry at the Gates  (Read 1826 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2008, 04:54:30 pm »

Vanguard Defense/Gate Sentry Log

When: 08/02/08 2am Gmt

Commanding Officer: Delferium, Watchman
Guardsmen in Attendance:
Hoagie, Sergeant
Kal ShadowHand,  Regular Scout
Olchafa Serperent, Regular Scout (Fled Half way through)
Lucian Blackmoor, Guardsmen Recruit(Joined later into the fight)
Fla Goldhammer, Guardsmen Recruit(Joined Half way into the sentry)
Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsmen

I was inside the barracks reading 'A Treatise on Alchemy' When Kas and Sunset ran inside after being attacked by a lich. I quickly ran outside to kill it, when I got there it was far worse than I expected.. The Vanguard had attacked once again!  There were at least seven liches and elementals. Twice as many brigands as us and one of their leaders! I managed to get a clear look at this dark rider and I have a sketch.

As you can see, these creatures wear dark black elven style robes and wield a thin yet deadly sword and chaos shield made of what could be blackrock...

We fought hard and took down a few beasts but soon came to the conclusion we were outnumbered, this was one battle we simply could not win.  We pulled out of the fight.

After retreating, everyone was just standing at the gates so I decided to go clear up the rest of town and make sure everything was safe so no  civilians could be harmed. Upon arriving back at the gates I took charge again and we built a sentry around the gates. I sent out the others to collect wood and hides while Hoagie and I built and watched the gates.

At least three people tried to enter the city unaware of the threat but we stopped them. The sentry was demolished and supplies carried away, it served it's purpose!

I would like to Commend Lucian Blackmoor for his superb performance and vigilance even after we lost to the Vanguard. He is a good example for other recruits.

*Signed*
Delferium, Watchman

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:27:15 pm »

Vanguards....!? Hah, what vanguards !

Exceptional leadership Delf, especially considering the recent troubles.

Signed in messy ink splodged handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length