Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:48:17 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Venturing into Hythloth....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Venturing into Hythloth....  (Read 1759 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:07:15 pm »

Daring adventure to Hythloth

Led by: Junior Scout Jennifer Feather.

Attended by:
(Initially) Junior Guardsman Kas Valentine, Watchman Bayne, Guardsman Recruit Das'nord reck, Officer Cadet Rory Munro, Serf Malakim.
(Joined later by) Dragoons Corporal Joey Lanai, Junior Guardsman Delcarakdur.

A number of us were enjoying some small talk outside the barracks on a lazy Sunday afternoon. All of a sudden the toll of the local bell rang through our spines; "DOOOOONG". At the rope was Junior Scout Jennifer Feather;

Jennifer Feather: "Alright you lot look lively, this isn't a backside resting spot. You seem to be under the impression that service in the Baronship is a convenient paid holiday, well I'll show you just how wrong you are. Mages whats the darkest, dankest runestone in your possession.....?"

Fortunately Unfortunately I wasn't carrying any dungeon stones with me, but Das'nord reck was fully prepared and opened a portal to....

Jennifer Feather: "Hythloth!? Recruit your confidence impresses me, alright fall in everyone."

Our leader gave us a quick run down of what we could expect inside. Our weapons were brought to hand and several protective spells against darkness were cast over the assembled guardsmen. With one last reassurance Jennifer led us inside....

I can't fully describe the sensation that passed over me as we descended the first flight of stairs but it was something like feeling hot and cold at the same time. Almost at once our group was attacked by fierce little imps and fire spewing hounds of deepest crimson. Despite their swiftness we slew our way through them and trudged down another flight of stairs.

As we got further down the damp corridors littered with bones and decaying flesh the heat grew stronger. But the guardsmen would not be deterred from proving to Miss Feather that they were up to the job of serving Cove. Hounds snapped, traps were triggered but the formation remained tight....

As they came upon a pair of heavy iron doors the guardsmen halted and were addressed by their leader;

Jennifer Feather: "Hrm you've proved tough enough so far but lets see if we can't get you to the lower levels, where the real challenges lie. Does anyone have sufficient knowledge of a passage to those places...?"

One of our group raised their hand and was granted permission to take the lead. We followed them closely, not wanting to be left behind with the darkness and gargoyles of almost pure flame. Soon enough we stumbled across a series of old cages one of which contained a dusty pentagram. The nominated pathfinder jabbed a finger in it's direction and swore this was the passage we needed.

Despite our proximity to the pentagram it was still out of reach. A crate of perhaps magical construction blocked the path and could not be harmed. At his point we were joined by Dragoons Corporal Joey Lanai and Junior Guardsman Delcarakdur but even their combined strength could not splinter the container.

Soon enough each guardsman had exhausted themselves in their attempts to break through the crate and access the teleporter. Reluctantly Jennifer called a retreat to the safety of Cove....

Beaten but not disheartened the guardsmen formed a proud line before the barracks and received some parting words from their leader;

Jennifer Feather: "Although we were not fortunate enough to test your mettle against the worst of Hythloth I am nonetheless convinced you aren't as lazy as it first appeared. Good show everyone, DISMISSED."

Goodnight Hythloth and good riddance.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:56:09 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 07:12:26 pm »

Yar! Grande report Kas! Was a good 'unt even though tha' damn teleporter was blocked!

Signed : Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length