Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:28:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Highlander tasks - Darath Mithar - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Highlander tasks - Darath Mithar - COMPLETED  (Read 1663 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2006, 02:42:49 pm »

"Darath! Hah! A man o' few words, but a tough one nontheless. Let's see how he fairs with these tasks."

• Run 1 patrol to the Ant Caves and kill an ant lion and take the bronze and bring back at least twenty bronze ore so it may be used in the forging of new tunics and shields. (Include report)
  • Run at least 1 training session to prove your commitment to discipline
  • Complete the final task to be announced upon completion of the other two
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:18:15 am by Gregor Eason » Logged

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 05:03:58 pm »

"Darath edged cautiously into the dimly lit cavern. Squinting into the darkness he spotted the Ant Lion grinding though the shell of an unfortunate Solan Warrior, attempting to get at the flesh inside. The Covian Guardsman kept close to the wall, trying to keep as stealthy as he could. But to no avail, his heavy plate armour squealed excrutatingly echoing thoughout the cave. He grunted as he saw the Lion now knew of his presence. Setting his shield he dug in his heel and bellowed at the creature "Come On Then!" The half tone, heavily armoured thing charged him. CRASH! Its pincered mouth barrelled into his shield, knocking Darath back a good few steps and driving his heels deeper into the dirt. He countered and swung his heavy sword in a clumsy arc but met nothing but thick carapace armour. Manureving forward, holding his shield to protect himself from the sharp pincers of the Ant Lions mouth he swung again. This time the monster hissed as Darath felt his blade cut deep into soft tissue. In moments however the Ant Lion had disappeared, leaving only a burrowed hole in the dank stone. He cursed and peered about "Looks like im going to have to find myself another one" he grimaced. Before he could take a step the ground benith his feet exploded in a shower of rocks and mud sending Darath sprawling into the nearby rock face. From the hole burst the Ant Lion again, roaring with fresh enthusiasm for the fight. Darath grunted grimly, he had a fight on his hands......."

[Report] Gathering Bronze Ore

I made the short trip to the Solen Hive, close to the Minocan border, and scrambled down into the darkness. Nay did it take me long to find the Ant Lion den. Big buggers they be and about as thickly armoured as 5 Highlanders. At first their sheer size was their biggest threat and many times I found only my shield protecting me from being crushed alive. However nay was I prepared for their burrowing attack. When it came I believed the very stone was devouring me!

Eventually I found their weak fleshy underbellies and was able to get the knack for killing them. Prizing open their mouths, covered in thick ceramic teeth for borrowing through rock, I found many metal ores. Had to kill a fair few before I could gather enough Bronze. As well as the ore I found the remains of many creatures including two whole human corpses that had been more or less shredded by the beings.

Enough bronze for twenty ingots successfully collected.

Signed

Junior Mithar

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:27:55 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:06:57 pm »

[Training Report]

Present:
Recruit James
Junior Ridir

Found a lonley Recruit so i thought i'd get him into shape with some speed and agility drills. 5 reps of the barraks stairs and two laps of the arena with me on his back to warm up!

Next warm up were some pressups and bearcrawl laps.

Got onto some explosive power training. The Recuit had to hop the log ladder then sprint out to the coloured bandage whos color i called.

Following that was a slightly altered drill, involving weaving in and out of the logs ising quick feet then exploding to the side of which color i called.

The final drill involved applying this speed and agility to combat. The recruit was a bow user so i decided on a drill where he had to roll, get up, load his bow and then shoot at a live target. Nay to good he was at the begginging but got the hang of it in the end.

Training session was cut a little short because the Recruit was to knackered. To me that means a job well done!

Signed

Darath Mithar

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 06:45:54 pm »

[Complete]

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length