Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A healthy guardsman is a powerful guardsman...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A healthy guardsman is a powerful guardsman...  (Read 1531 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 04:12:20 pm »

Training session report

Led by: Regular Highlander Kurt.

Attended by: Officer Cadet Vince Valentine, Guardsman Recruit Saladin, Guardsman Recruit Yue Yan, Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Since we had secured yet another victory against Yewish forces in the nearby forests Kurt thought it best that we keep ourselves trim and ordered us to the rooftop for a training session. We organised ourselves into a line and despite Saladin constantly snatching glances at Yue's legs we were ready for action.

The head of Kas wobbles uncontrollably.

Getting straight to business Kurt ordered us to unstrap our armour and give him each ten pushups. I had to lend Yue a shirt so that she wouldn't be embarrassed in the company of such strapping young men and I must say she looked very handsome in it (just like me).

Yue instructs the others to follow her lead.

Once we had completed the pushups and stopped wheezing Kurt continued the ritual torture workout by giving us ten laps of the training area to keep us in shape. I objected by saying I was already in shape, I was round, but it went unheeded and I was shouted at to continue running.

While we suffer Vince inspects Hrothgar's beard for crumbs.

It took me a little longer than the others to complete the laps but soon enough I was back in line and ordered with the other guardsmen (and women) to put my armour back on. When everyone had their armour on Kurt announced his next intention;

Kurt: Alright you lot time for an equipment inspection, training is no good if you haven't got the right implements to work with.

Yue didn't have some of the items so she was given extra laps....

Just look at that halberd twinkle.

...but most of the equipment was in order although Saladin was given pushups for constantly gawping admiring Yue's legs and having a small number of bandages....

Kas displays his exceedingly luxurious bandages of pure silk.

...so we moved on to practicing our formations;

Vince almost works himself into a sweat.

Kurt timed each of our formations, counting down from five, and only once did we let him down. All in all our ability to form on him and as a trackers line was top notch so our leader rewarded us by ordering a last man standing. The fight was fast and furious with me knocking Vince clean off his feet only to follow shortly afterward when the others gave me a good thrashing. Kurt emerged as the victor and ordered us back into a line.

Once he was convinced we had all learned something we were dismissed and allowed to get some rest.

Hooray, the nightmare is over !

I retired to my bedroom above the tavern and got a few hours sleep.

State of the guardsman: Healthy and handsome.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length