Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:07:46 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report on patrol to Minoc....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report on patrol to Minoc....  (Read 1342 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:01:27 pm »

The "Scourge of the Nakeds" patrol to Minoc

Led by: Watchman Zoie Hayden.

Attended by: Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine, Watchman Mercy, Guardsman Recruit Chuckles.

I was relaxing with Mercy outside the Town Hall after the emotions of the fire at the banquet and Zoie strolled past to mention she was forming a patrol. Mercy and I formed up along with Chuckles and we prepared to head out. At first we weren't quite sure which lands needed to be investigated the most but after a short discussion we settled on the road and town of Minoc.

We'd hardly left the town when we came across some strange things on the forest floor....

Evidence of nakeds at large

Zoie Hayden: Halt ! We've got some kind of business going on here.

Kas Valentine: Since their clothes are still here miss I hope they aren't conducting this "business" anywhere nearby.

Chuckles: *makes a sign of the ankh*

Zoie Hayden: Quite so quite so, well keep your eyes open people, we can't have nakeds just lolling about all over the place.

After dismissing the image of nakeds "lolling about" we headed north towards the road and continued the patrol. We encountered a few aggressive creatures on our way to Minoc, clearly their guards no longer care if passage to the town is safe. The weather was also against our little troop be we trudged on regardless.

Valentine displays his cunning weather beating methods

Once we actually arrived in Minoc it was immediately clear that the town of miners was in league with dirty filthy nakeds. The first thing we came across as we walked up the road was a giant statue of a man and a woman who had a clear desire to cast off their loincloths in order to stroll the realm as free nakeds (you could see it all in their stony expressions). So we moved on to the bank to look for witnesses and BAM, more evidence of nakeds.

Zoie Hayden: Right stand back everyone something could be in the air.

Mercy: Better not be, I already lost one dress tonight.

Chuckles: Damn you nakeds !

The curse of the nakeds strikes again

We had one of the local guards gather up the discarded clothes (we couldn't risk a Covian being infected) and proceeded to survey the various buildings around town. We didn't discover an awful lot except the fact that some Minoc citizens are so bloody flash they can afford to have an oven AND a fireplace, I mean it just beggars belief. Our search ended at the bank where we hoped to catch one of the naked devils in the act. We figured if yer gonna be naked, yer gonna need money (probably best not to think about where they keep it).

Bankers are especially liable to get naked

Zoie Hayden: Damnation, you'd think a naked would be really easy to catch but the filthy buggers just don't leave any clues.

Kas Valentine: We could follow the trail of jaws on the floor miss.

Zoie Hayden: If only it were that easy Valentine, if only it were that easy. Ho well there's not much else we can do tonight, we'll just have to put the word out and hope something turns up. If you could do us the honor of opening a portal to get us back home Kas....?

Kas Valentine: Coming right up !

It was hard to return to Cove with the burden of a naked epidemic weighing down upon us but we swallowed our pride and vowed to catch the buggers as soon as possible.

Nudity cannot dampen the spirits of Cove

We were swiftly dismissed by Miss Hayden and left for our beds eager to get some rest and be up in time to put an end to the naked epidemic once and for all.

Signed in uncannily wobbly nervous writing,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

(Note; I had been on the rum pretty strong during the banquet so unfortunately ended up forgeting the name of the recruit that joined us on the patrol. If you fit the description of Chuckles then please leave your name and I shall pen your name in to correct my mistake)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length