Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:07:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Guardsman Duties - Drill Instructor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guardsman Duties - Drill Instructor  (Read 3647 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:03:31 am »

Guardsman Duties - Drill Instructor

Gone are the days of the Militia - a rag tag group of fighters bound together by their duty to protect Cove. Nowadays each guardsman is a well oiled cog in the machine that is the Grand Covian Army! Only by constant training, drills and combat duty can this be maintained. See that it is!

Conditions.

This duty must be completed by a Junior Guardsman or above.
Lead 3 2Training Sessions. Cover fitness, orders and combat in each of these trainings and end them with a "free for all".
Lead 2 Hunts to put into practice what has been learnt. Make these hunts challenging for the guardsmen present. (Ilshenar? Tokuno?)
Lead 1 Parade Drill.
At least 5 guardsmen (including the leader) must attend each event.
Only one guardsman may complete this duty and all tasks must be completed within a month.
Pin a notice on the events board to encourage your fellow guardsmen to attend.
Post a full report for each event below.

Notes: Guardsman Duties are storyline driven missions that are interlinked with important Promotional Requirements, making the general grind of completing ten Hunts, or ten Patrols etc. a lot more interesting by livening up these tasks with a bit of intrigue and story.

Please sign below if you wish to lead this duty.

Good luck guardsmen.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:02:29 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:48:31 am »

Would love to do this duty - but I am bearing the Watchman badge.

Very interesting.
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:53:56 pm »

Nevertheless, ye eagerness is noted, Watchman!

Gregor Eason, Acting Naval Lieutenant
The Baron's Navy, Baronship Of Cove

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 02:44:22 pm »

ooc: Does that meen within a month of starting or before may?

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 05:30:02 pm »

ooc: Does that meen within a month of starting or before may?

[ooc]If you pick up the task on 1st may 2007 you then have until 1st June 2007 to host the 6 events.[/ooc]

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 06:02:23 pm »

I shall get on with it as soon as possible sir.
I am planning to do the first training sesssion next Friday.

*Signed*
Thomas Sendrich

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 06:15:28 pm »

Har! Good work Tom!

I'll look forward to it!

*signed*

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 07:07:33 pm »

First Training, Fitness training with free for all.

Took place: Monday 7th May, 19:00, Barracks Roof.

Leader: Thomas Sendrich, Regular Dragoon

Attended: Hoagie Grayner, Dragoon Sergeant
                 Snudrud, Watchman
                 Falconheart, Watchman
                 Faden Wildheart, Watchman

This being the first in the series of trainings I started with physical fitness. I started of explaining why fitness was essential, this led to a number of Guardsman being offended but it can not be helped.
I explained that with out constent training one would end up a fat old man with an extremely short life, i also told them the importance of fitness to battle and the everyday life of a Guardsman.
I then went on to a warm up, starting with three laps of the arena with five pres ups in each corner.

*Warming up the hard way*

After the introduction i described the three area's of fitness, Strength, Agility and Endurance.
I started the training with strength. I described how useful strength is to a Guardsman such as that without out it you would not be able to wear your uniform or raise your weapon let alone use it.
In order to exercise their strength i laid out a log in front of each pair and gave them a raise, first team to push the log to the other end of the arena and back, twice, wins. The winners were inevitably Hoagie and Faden, seeing as the other team had a Goblin.

*Strength is evidently missing from some members of the army.*

I then moved on to Agility, this being the ability to move in and out of obstacles quickly.
To show the need for speed i used the scenario of an archer in a battle, taking around thirty seconds to reload a cross bow, this being how long you have to cross the field whilst dodging combatants. Falconheart explained that he could reload in a second and therefore no one could survive such and encounter.
I set up and obstacle course for this section. The Guardsman had to run in and out of a number of logs, and then jump over them, dodging puddles of water. The Guardsman had to complete this in under thirty seconds.

*They got wet... Suckers*

Lastly i talked about Endurance, the ability to keep up an exhausting exercise for a long period of time.
I told them about the Kaldorian campaign and how many of the soldiers had died in the camps from exhaustion.
To test their endurance we went on a long distance run. We went from the barracks to the Vesperian cross roads and back. This was very tiring, and brought about some bad feelings.

*Cross country run*

We finished off with a free for all, Snudrud cleverly left now and the winner was Hoagie.

*Hoagie proves to be the best fighter.*

*Signed*
Thomas Sendrich,. Regular Dragoon

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:46:27 pm »

Looks like ye gave 'em a good work out Tom.

Fine report too. I look forward to reading about the other tasks.

A good start to this duty!

*signed*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 09:01:31 am »

Unfortunately after a fine start Regular Sendrich is unable to complete this duty, so any Juniors or above may pick up the remaining tasks.

Sign below if you have what it takes!

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length