Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:38:33 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Full Kit inspection and Sentry instruction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Full Kit inspection and Sentry instruction  (Read 1958 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:37:19 am »

Date:  04-05-08, 20:00 hours

Officer In charge:  Grenadier Corporal Eve

Guardsman in attendance:
  -Grenadier Captain Raiden Morana
  -Grenadier Sergeant Kelly Sanderson
  -Guardsman Recruit Marvin Grimpblad
  -Guardsman Recruit Takeamada

At promptly 20:00 Grenadier Corporal Eve call the troops to fall-in.  She explained what the purpose of today’s mission was. She then asked for a volunteer to write the report.  Guardsman Recruit Takeamada steps up to the task, hoping his drawing skills have improved.

[][/img]

While doing so Sergeant Sanderson arrived along with Grenadier Captain Morana and join the formation.  Cpl Eve wasted no time barking out command of “Parade left, right, and about face”.  It was not pretty but the recruits pick up on the movements quickly.  Sgt Sanderson was still nursing a bad ankle and was having troubles with some of the movements, but she manages to set a standard, by persevering and drove on.  The parade also drilled on the commands of “Form up, Trackers Line and Parade face front” Questions were asked of the recruits about some of the formations and why they were used.  She was quit pleased with the responses she got.

[
][/img]
[
][/img]

The parade then conducted a Kit inspection.  The inspection was of bandages, bedrolls, and armor and night gear.  Cpl Eve took note on any and all discrepancies during the inspection.

The parade what then showed how to establish a Sentry post.  With both Grenadier Captain Morana and Grenadier Corporal Eve showing basic construction and design.  At one point the troops ran out of building materials and Grenadier Captain Morana took the recruits out and foraged for supplies of hides.  Cpl Eve asked the recruit if they knew what the sentry was used for?  Guardsman Takeamada responded “To control the movement and flow of personal coming though a location and to give protection of the guards on duty.”  Cpl Eve was very happy with the response.  Guardsman Takeamada also pointed out that if they changed the position of the entryway is would slow the movement down allowing better reaction time and control of the area.  Cpl Eve allowed him to modify the sentry to show what he was talking about.  Once the sentry was set, Cpl Eve then set the guard watch.  Afterwards went about preparing dinner for the troops.  Cpl Eve instructed Guardsman Recruit Takeamada to gather kindling for a fire, he was able to produce most of what was needed from his kit, and quickly gathered the rest.  Upon his return, Cpl Eve sent Guardsman Recruit Grimpblad to hunt for meat for the meal.  Cpl Eve produce and outstanding feed for her fighting forces.  There was little traffic at the sentry and for the most part was with out incident, with the exception of Cpl Eve’s stool being taken by party or parties unknown.  Cpl Eve then ordered the dismantling of the sentry and storage of the material.  Then Cpl Eve reformed the troops and dismissed them.

Reported by

*Signed*  

Takeamada
Guardsman Recruit
Coven Army

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:19 am »

Well done Corp' and those who attended.

*nods firmly*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

[ooc]Use the code for "direct link to image" for larger images in your reports rather than thumbs. Wink[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:01:20 am »

A well written report Recruit Takeamada!

Why I ask myself would anyone wish to steal my stool unless to vex me.  I later found our dear commoner Mat Shadowhand in a bad way, he had been robbed and hit over the head by a man with red hair with a wooden stool!!!  I appeal to any guardsman apprehend all men with red hair, I shall have my stool back!

*signed*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length