Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:05:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  [Ongoing Task] Help Your Local Healer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Ongoing Task] Help Your Local Healer  (Read 7740 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:34:59 am »

Task.

Bandages are in short supply at the healers and I tire of seeing guardsmen with too few in their packs. We need more bandages Amon. Can you get the citizenry on with the task?

Collect wool, weave it into cloth and then cut it into bandages and deliver to the Baronship stores.

Conditions.

*This task may be completed more than once by the same person.
*Bandages are to be handed in to a Covian officer or Burgher in lots of 250.
*Create a full report of the task and post below.

The Reward.

Shillings will be awarded for the quality and imagination of your report.
The army will also pay 1gp from the coffers per bandage supplied.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:04:42 am by Penny » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Estel
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:45:30 pm »

Bandage Making

With enthusiasm Estel looked up her friend Lloyd at the Healers Building to tell him about the citizen task she had found. She had already planned to return all the kindness of the healers by making bandage for him, but now the City had even requested it. Yet a while later the elf sat down much less enthusiastic in the Garden in front of town. How indeed would she do this?

That’s how it happened that today JT found Estel in a somewhat less cheerfull mood then usual. When he asked her about it she spoke to him with a greatly disappointed tone in her voice. Lloyd had told her she could not venture out into the woods to gather wool without proper equipment. Not that the sheep from which to gather wool that was needed for making bandages meant any danger, but there were other dangers that could make the mission she wanted to send herself on quite impossible. How would she defend herself from the dangers in the woods with only a simple dress to wear? With no weapons to defend herself? She possessed no means to buy any of those…

JT just smiled at first and then offered her a solution for her problem. First of all he would help her gather the resources she needed and once she had saved up enough rewards for the work she had done he’d introduce her to someone who she could pay to make her her own bow and arrows and a proper suit to hunt in. Feeling much better after having received his solution to her problem, he then showed her another resource that she could use for making bandage.

Feeling as if she could burst from  happiness Estel followed JT
back to Cove with the newly made bandages.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:05 pm »

Well done lass.

See an officer with those bandages to earn yerself some coin.

70 Shillings awarded - Estel Aralle

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Estel
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:52:15 pm »

Sheep Hunt

Feeling stronger now that she has been a free woman for a while,
Estel finally went out to look for sheep...

After struggling with more sheep Estel returned home to weave more bandage...

With another 250 newly made bandages in her bagpack
she would return to Cove to find an officer.
Very soon she will have enough earnings to buy something nice for JT!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:10:17 pm »

Well done lass. Be sure to hand them in to an officer for your hard earned gold.

50 Shillings Awarded - Estel Aralle, Commoner.

Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:21:40 am »

Helping the Healers

Looking up at the task board I thought I better start on with one to show I am  willing and able, dispite getting on in age these days. I noticed that the healers required bandages and set off to sheer some sheep.

I searched over Britain and then headed to Moonglow, looking for wooly sheep to give a nice haircut. Some Mongbats seemed to also want the sheep but I managed to get rid of them fairly easily. I then stumbled upon the cotton farms and picked up a few of them.

I then headed to Trinsic, picking up a few more bundles of wool on my way I ended up at the Trinsic Tailors, making sure I counted out what I managed to gather.

With all the bandages I happily returned to Cove, looking for someone to hand the bandages into.

Fredrik Bloodaxe

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:44:50 am »

Good work there commoner. An officer will be glad to take those bandages off yer hands and pay ye kindly fer 'em too.

70 Shillings Awarded - Frederick Bloodaxe.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:54 am »

I was looking through my Coin Purse and found myself scrapping the stitches at the bottom! Dead broke and without an Ale or even a loaf of bread! I quickly decided that work was in order! I went quickly over to City Hall to read what work was pending. I soon saw that bandages where needed and that Crowns would be awarded for each bandage brought in, including the possibilities of shillings! I quickly walked to Vesper... albeit hooded and with abit of a faked limp, and booked passage for Trinsic! Having been a dock worker before I was familiar with sea fairing and quickly offered my services in exchange for this costly trip. I arrived on Transit's shores by the end of the second day! I bedded down at the Trinsic Rose and the next day started my trek into the Lost Lands. I soon made my way to Delucia! Ah a hunters dream with all that lush verdant fields and steppes! Beautiful!

I quickly acquired shears from the local tailors and gained the knowledge of where the Shepherd's had their flocks! When asked for my reasons I simply said I was from Yew and dashed off with the merchant calling behind me to nay molest their sheep! Oh fun! I soon found a flock of the fluffpuffs! I set about discreetly sheering them, right under their shepherd's nose!! The woman never had a chance, nor did her fluffpuffs! I soon had much wool! But now I had to manufacture cloth! I didn't have a clue as how I might do this so I went back to the tailor and after some awkward conversation about stroking fluffpuffs the woman showed me how I might spin the wool into thread and then into cloth upon the loom! I soon had many bolts of cloth which the woman complimented me on. She said it was the tightest weave she had seen! I informed her I was very good with my hands and gave her  a very generous wink. Oh the blush on her cheeks...... Ahem, Yes I soon cut up the cloth and came up with about 500 bandages! I delivered the bundle to Captain... Marmalade, Morgan, Murdock, Muldoon... Captain M ! And A Mister Takmeaday Paid me for the bandages! 1500 Crowns! Not a bad profit! Ale oh sweet sweet Ale here I come!

*Signed in Thick Blue Ink*
Maccen Korten, Commoner
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 08:52:54 am by maccen » Logged

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 05:49:37 pm »

Maccen Korten, Commoner of Cove awarded 60 Shillings.

Aslin
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 05:08:41 pm »

Sir, while collecting the cloth I was rendered with a surplus, which I turned into bandages.

Filling up with 50 of my private stores, I turned in a total of 500 bandages.

*Signed neatly*
Morgan Hawthorn

[The report can be found here: http://cove.sugeworld.com/forum/index.php/topic,11216.0.html
The bandages were just a side product, so it is one report.]

Ocean
Criminal
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:09:25 pm »

Whoever it may concern,

Today's work for the community consisted of collecting wool, producing cloth and making them into bandages for Cove Hospital and Cove Healers. I went on foot to Yew Sheep Pens, where I began my work. The sheep were fast and didn't want to be sheared in the winter, but I was faster.

I dragged the sacks of wool back to Memorial Square and set to work, spending quite a while weaving my way through all the wool. My outcome was four hundred and fifty bandages, which I shall be handing to either Miss Madeline or an Army Officer.

*Signed shakily*

-Sally, Delivery Woman

Mail Deliverer
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:55 pm »

45 Shillings Awarded ~ Sally, Delivery Woman

*signed flamboyantly*
Amon Jarl, Noble
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »