Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:39:04 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Where are the borders for the Baronship of Cove? (Revised)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where are the borders for the Baronship of Cove? (Revised)  (Read 4700 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 02:58:25 pm »

Dear Captain;
Our current map shows Cove, but it does not define our boarders.  I have done a ruff, and I do mean ruff (not official) hand drawn map of the Barony.  The reason I ask about our boarders is, how do we know what to defend if we don't know where we are?   I guess one way would to make everything Cove, but I think that would ruffle some feathers eh?  The other is to establish know boards on a map and ground. 

My whole point to this is I have plans to establish a site for Northern Garrison, so we may keep an eye on things there and who passes in and out of are lands.  Also in case, heaven for bid, we are at war with someone.  We would have a place to operate out of, that would keep the civilians staff and out of harms way.

I have already started the groundwork for this project by buying the land needed.  No construction has taken place as of yet.  Please advice on your thoughts about this matter

Humbly submitted

* signed *

Takeamada
Watchmen
Coven Army
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:01:43 am by Takeamada » Logged

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:57 pm »

[OOC: And perhaps not include the Orc Fort? Otherwise looking pretty good=) ]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:53:17 am by Mela Arkay » Logged
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:08:36 pm »

[ooc: ooops I'll get that fixed, also I though the Orc fort was Cove land that that had taken???]

Nicholas Bashford
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

An interesting proposal ye've brought forward, Recruit Takeamada!

Its true, there should be borders set firmly in place.
There has always been a vague understanding of what is Covian and what is not, however.

With Vesper we have usually enjoyed a casual friendship whereby there was no major disputes in regards to Borders, until we began mining in the Covetous Mountains somewhat closer to the city of Vesper. But you've quite rightly placed the border at the crossroads of Vesper.

In maintaining something of a liberal border set, we do consider the guard post in Altmere as the Baron's Own, and regularly set sentry here. One would assume that when passing Altmere, one is entering the Baron's Country. 

Regarding the Northern Garrison idea, I generally like this, and don't see why we shouldn't "landgrab" further north up to the Eastern Bridge. There, we would mostly likely consider the Yewish border to be drawn and ably kept by the Guardsmen Militia.
However, admittedly, our manpower is somewhat reduced at the moment.

I shall discuss with cartographers about setting down a clear Border in the Official Baronship Maps.

Sir Nicholas Bashford, Retired Officer
Formerly Palace Guards Regiment, Britannian Army
Strategic Advisor, Baronship Of Cove
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:39:06 am »

[ooc: ooops I'll get that fixed, also I though the Orc fort was Cove land that that had taken???]

[OOC: Nope! They've only been driven back to the fort.]
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:35:40 pm »

* Note sent by civilian runner to Khaelieth *

Dear Khaelieth,
Thank you for your input, I did some research and found this tidbit in the “Culture” section of Cove history.

"Orc Fort, Cove
The pit of Cove resides just around the mountain. For many ages an Orc force has positioned itself there, building high barricades and defenses. The Covian Army regularly sees to attacking this fort, but has never successfully been able to break the Orc presence there. At best, the Orc's remain confined to their taken land."

Now to me! That sounds like they took the land from us, and it should be included in the map as Covian Land’s.

* Signed respectfully *

Takeamada
Watchmen
Covian Army

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:06:02 pm »

[OOC: Khaelieth's left Cove, people haven't been arsed to look for him ic ;p ]
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »

[ooc: Look for him? We had a party when we released he'd gone!! ;P]

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:28:08 am »

[OOC: Realised ;p]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: