Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:46:39 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Church Library
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Church Library  (Read 17457 times)
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:03:58 pm »

Church Library

All literature and religious texts regarding the Church will be archived in this thread. Copies of these tomes can be obtained in-game from a member of the Church, provided you have a suitably sized book with you.

Certain tomes are a requirement of your inventory, and you should be issued with a copy of these upon recruitment. If you do not have any of the tomes highlighted in red on the list below, seek out a member of the Church and request one as soon as possible.

Archive

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:48:07 pm by Hoagie » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:02 pm »

As ye probably know, it is beyond mere creatures to create something out of nothing. This suggests that the witches have to be given their powers from somewhere, for they could not just come from nothingness. It is only logical to reach the conclusion that magic (as in “things unexplainable”, not the narrow concept of magery/witchery) is something that either comes from the Higher Being our Lord, “father of all evils” (Guardian) or is taken directly from the surrounding world, slowly (but very surely) unravelling the fabric of our Lord’s creation. In both the latter cases, the witches are the enemies of all that is good and righteous, and should be killed without hesitation whenever they are uncovered. However, those of a more bene-volent nature may think that those wielding magic out of ignorance should be enlightened and given a chance to redeem their sins. Of course, no one could possibly object to those serving Guardian (in one of his many forms) being slain where they stand (or, preferably, a slow burning to give them a taste of the Holy doom that awaits them). Other means of curing the problem includes hanging, drowning, stoning et.c.

We can now conclude that everyone not being given their supernatural powers from the Lord is indeed a witch and, know-ingly or not, aiding evil Guardian in the war against the Higher Being.

If someone claims to receive powers from the Lord, without being a servant of the Holy Church, he is obviously a liar trying to save his hide, or an utter fool. In either case, jailing should take place. If he is a liar, he is a proven enemy of the Higher Being, and if he is mad, he should be kept away from the public so that he can not cause injury to others.

It is my hope that this will help clear some of the shrouds surrounding magic and the militia’s attitude towards it, as well as helping to reveal the lies of the witches and their true nature.

Praised be the Higher Being and His most Holy Church!

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:47:18 pm »

“In this sign thou shallt perish!”

The Ankh is the sign of the Holy Virtue that the Lord’s own son, Avatar brought to the lands of Britannia. By this sign he defeated the Father of Witches and shattered the dark gem with His mighty sword of Holy prowess. Wherefor carry still the Knights of the Avatar, Templars, monks of war and upholders of Virtue yet a Red Cross, and not the HolyAnkh itself? This humble tome I have set to requite Myself, as I am, by name and title, Father Hugo of Aldemar, Templar Preceptor of the Church of Stonekeep, of the Guardsmen Militia, protectors of Yew and all of the surrounding woodland The matter is such, that under the sign that the Witch Father was vanquished from the face of Our world a sword was used to embrace itself into the chest of the evil warlock. This sword was covered red with blood, from the shaft to the blade. Then spoke to Avatar in the Lord’s tongue “In Hoc Signe Vinces”. By this myth and legend of divine Justice, We must simply assume that the Lord meant not the Ankh itself, but the sword covered in blood and thus the symbol of the Red Cross.

The Lord allmighty’s own symbol is therefor to be used and worshipped as divine sanction. It is too holy and sacred to be used against the minions of the Damned. Using the Ankh itself would mean no less than to compare oneself to the Avatar, which is a sin of great vanity.

So anon, knowest thou wherefor the Knights of the Ankh carry the Red Cross – for We are too humble to fight under the sign of the lord himself, but will rather fight under his sword, for that is how our order functions in the servitude of the Higher Being.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 02:14:54 pm »

-=The Creation=-

Upon the first day, the Lord  created the void, and gusts of holy wind blew across the emptiness of air, cloud and skies alone.

The Lord saw that it was good, and thus He shaped the air into a spiritual image of wings and beauty untold, holding in hand the almighty sword of the Winds.This spiritual image was named by the Lord; Stratos, and Stratos was set to rule over the skies, the clouds and the winds. Thus, the first and greatest  of all angels was created. And to honour Stratos it is in His form, with wings and beauty untold all the angels are created.

=Ruler of the Winds=

Stratos ruleth the skies in the Lord’s name. It is He who bloweth the winds of fortitude, serving the Lord, and punishing the unbelievers. He alone ruleth the skies from beside the heavanly throne of the Creator Himself, and where Stratos doth descend upon Britannia with His almighty sword of the Winds, he striketh hurricanes and storms upon those that would dare defy the Lord almighty. The winds of fortune will come easily to none, but not at all to those that do not worship and respect Stratos, the greatest of Angels. For through prayer alone, may the fresh winds of the east purify and vanqish the stench of depravity that all living creatures live in, lest We worship the Avatar.

=Lord of the East=

Upon the comming of the other Archangels, the Lord divided Britannia into four realms, the north, south, east and west.

Stratos was set to rule the East, and thus His winds blow stronger there than in the remaining  lands. Hence cometh the expression “Let us march Stratos” meaning to wend in the direction of east.

-=Lord of the Skies=-

As the sun goeth up each day in the East, this is in the glory of Stratos, for East is His realm, and upon the sky that he ruleth shineth the sun, beginning the first of each day, as He was the first of angels upon the first of days. At night is there no sign of this sacred omen, but Stratos watcheth still over the lands, for the ery moons are His eyes. For Trammel looketh upon the world to find good where rewards and winds of fortune may blow, whilst Felucca, looketh for Evil that may  be punished by the Sword of the Winds.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:47:46 pm »

—Ye introduction –

It is with great care of all aspects; be they moral, theological, truthful and even mere scientifical facts that I father Donovan, Templar of the Guardsmen Militia templi of Yew and all its surrounding, introduce thee to the Lord’s tongue, here is a breviary, containing common and useful expressions in the Lord’s toungue, to trace a line between a man of the Church and the commoner.

Deo juvente – With His help.

Divide ut regnes – Divide thy foes to vanquish.

Domine dirige nos – Lord lead us !

Dominus illumination mea – The Higher Being is my light.

In hoc signe vinces – By this sign, thou wilt vanquish.

Memento finis – Thy doom is near.

Moelius morim quam foedari – It is better to die than to be dishonoured.

Semper fidelis -  Always Faithful.

Virtus unita fortiori – There is strength in numbers.

In via virtuti nulla est via – With the Virtues nothing is impossible.

Hac virtute regno pax partur – From His Holy strength, the Kingdom is in peace.

Ostendit tela partier – He showeth his strength well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:19:31 am by Siegfried » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:48:21 pm »

“And David was of those who keep herds. And David’s woman was of the name Edeth. And David and his woman did not follow the Virtues of the Lord. And in the twentyseventh year of David’s life the Lord did speak unto him. The Lord did ask why David and his woman did not worship the Virtues of the Lord. And David did say ‘Bring forth proof of thine existence, for then I shall worship thee.’ And the Lord was angery. And the Lord did speak in a great thunder, and the whole of the  earth shook. And David did not belive. And the Lord was angery. And the Lord did bring shadow across all of the lands. And David did not belive. And the Lord was angry. And the Lord did consume Edeth with a great fire, and this he did before David’s own eyes. And David belived, and David felt the power of the Lord within him. And the Lord did command David to worship His Virtues. And David obeyed. And in the fortyninth year of David’s life the Lord did again speak unto him. ‘Twenty and two years you have served me, and you shall be brought into my garden.’ And the Lord did call David home.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 03:22:54 pm »

=Baphomet=
-Bringer of Evil-

I, father Hugo of Aldemar, Templar Preceptor of the Guardsmen Militia’s Stonekeep Templi, humbly present this essay based on mere theological facts. All that is written in this tome is proven truth, and to question it’s contents is to question the words of Our Lord Allmighty.

Chapter I)
Black cats.

Peasants, poets and scholars alike, speak of dark omens upon passing by the road of which a Black Cat hath crossed in the near past. This will oft lead to damnation and disease, violence or other curses. Yet oft are they found around witch’s and necromancer’s covens.

Few men know, however, the truth behind this phenomena: That the Black Cat is nothing less than an incarnation of the Guardian in his most deceitful form; Baphomet.

Chapter II)
Baphomet.

When the Guardian was banished from the heavens, he turned into his most deceitful and invisible form; the unholy image of the black cat.

This creature of vile spirit and immoral intent was, by men, named Baphomet.

Upon this happening. the wicked races gathered and sang in choir the strain of depravity:

“We all believe in Baphomet. We believe in what we see. Thy minions belong to thee!”

The elves, known for their deceitful ways, chose to worship Baphomet instead of the Guardian in his true image, in order to hide their abhorred minds from the unweary. Baphomet creepeth in through windows at night, and into the minds of slumbering men, to bring corruption, depravity and greed into their minds, and scars vanity into spirits. Those that forfeit to pray before their time of sleep may hold particular and ill vulnerability to the rottening claws of Baphomet, the bringer of Corruption. He who creepeth at night.

Chapter III)
The Tainte

A weak mind, unbaptised by the Lord’s rightful servants will easily fall victim to the dastardly tricks of the Guardian. The first signs of the illness is severe Vanity and Greed. In the early stages of this taint, the tainted soul will start gluttoning like a beast,knowing no bounds. The soul, increasingly and unknowingly descendeth into the depths of sin. Soon other features appear; the voice turn hollow and demonically guttural. The tainted one turns into the Guardian’s spiritual image, if no treatment of excorsism is applied in the early stages. The Taints may then breed with other species or with eachother and thus create taints by nature, born to serve the Guardian himself.

Such is the deceit of Baphomet; Such is his evil.

Chapter IV)
The Redemption

In order to be safe from Baphomet in his spiritual hideousness, one must defeat him in his mortal image; the Black Cat. It is therefor My morally, scientifically and theologically proven conclusion that all black cats must be vanquished in the name of Our Lord.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:56:20 am »

Chapter I
Introduction

During my time in Cove, amongst the various patrols I hath attended, I hath noticed that the men doth drink from a vial containing black liquid. Strange, I find myself thinking, that on drinking this brew, a soldier’s ability in battle increases. One’s swings become more accurate, and one’s awareness of danger is increased. Asking Sister Edith, “What is this strange brew these men doth drink, that maketh them fight so fiercely in the dark?” she answered unto me. “I know not, Father, I shalt read through my tomes and find out for ye.”

Chapter II
The Answer

The following day, Sister Edith doth come into the Church with a tome of alchemy recipes, and draweth my attention to a section which she hath circled with a quill. And so I doth read of this potion, known commonly as ‘Night Sight’, which granteth mortal men the ability to see in the dark as if t’were broad daylight. I find myself thinking, “So this is why some soldiers doth swig this brew. Perhaps ‘tis linked with wytchcraft; afterall, I doth read further down that it is made from the silk of spiders; a herb used by wytches themselves.” Nay, not wytchcraft I doth decide; for ‘tis a mere brew made of what Higher Being hath placed here. Perhaps, however, t’were never intended to be used in this way, for what purpose was Pyros, Archangel of Fire created for?

Chapter III
Pyros – The Titan of Fire

Archangel Pyros, the Titan of Fire gave men fire, so that they may forge weapons with which to fight Guardian spawn, and light their way at night. Then why doth man seek a shortcut, through the use of this black brew, for the easy way is not always the right way; as the paths of good and evil doth show.

Chapter IV
The Effects of Nightsight

‘Tis my firm belief, based on theory and logic, that this black brew, “Night Sight”, doth adjust the pupils of ones eyes to allow more light to be recognised. But such tampering with ones anatomy couldst surely result in fatal consequences? And so I doth venture to the local healers, to ask them what they know.

Chapter V
At The Healers

‘Pon asking, the healers tell me of dreadful tales, of bold and brave adventurers, and decorated veterans having been made blind through the abuse of this black liquid. I think to myself, perhaps ‘tis Higher Being’s way of punishing them for forsaking Pyros’ gift of fire, to light up the dark?

Chapter VI
Conclusion

Thus I doth conclude, that the use of this black brew holds nothing but ill consequences for those who forsake Pyros’ gift, and selfishly grip their shields, leaving their fellow archers unable to see. ‘Tis therefore my wish to all of thee, that ‘lest thou wishest to lose thy eyesight, that thou doth throw away thy black brew, and light thy torch once again as Pyros hath originally intended it be so. Aumen.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 01:26:38 pm »

Within this tome, one will find a list of acts deemed unlawful within the town of Cove and its surrounding area, as well as suggested punishment for said crime. All men who swear oath to the Baron are hereby duty-bound to actively enforce the laws found here within for the continued security of Cove, and the safety of its citizens.

Minor crimes are usually punishable by means of a set fine, which in the event an individual cannot afford said fine, should make up for it through manual labour or jail-time. Certain minor crimes may incur an amount of lashings as an alternative, or additional, method of punishment and deterrence.

Major crimes can be dealt with on the spot by issuing a number of lashes deemed appropriate based on circumstance and nature of the crime. However, in most cases jailing will occur whilst awaiting trial whereby a verdict will be made and, if found guilty, an individual will face punishment by any means ranging from a spell in the stocks, up to, and including death by hanging, drowning, stoning, or burning based upon the nature of the crime.

The most severe crimes, however, will incur immediate intervention by the Church in which an individual will be detained and await summary judgement, during which time an individual will not be eligible, at all, for appeal, parole, or even a trial.

Minor Crimes

1.   Littering - Punishable by collecting the litter, and a fine of 100 gold.
2.   Brawling - Punishable by jailing for 10 minutes.
3.   Public Intoxication; being drunk in public. Punishable by jailing until sober, confiscation of alcohol, and a fine of 100 gold upon release.
4.   Indecent Exposure - Punishable by being ordered to cover-up appropriately, or removal from the area.
5.   Possession of Illegal Items; possessing nightshade, necromancy books etc. Punishable by confiscation of said item(s) and a fine of 200 gold.
6.   Smuggling – Punishable by confiscation of said item(s) and removal from the area.
7.   Premarital Sex – Punishable by Church branding.
8.   Solicitation; selling of self for prostitution in exchange for money. Punishable by Church branding.
9.   Refusal to obey authority – Punishable by knocking after warning a second time with weapons drawn and presuming a battle stance.

Major Crimes

1.   Bribery – Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes.
2.   Blackmail; extortion through means of threats or violence. Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes and no less than 10 lashes.
3.   Burglary/Trespassing/Mugging/Theft – Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes, no less than 10 lashes, and a fine of six times the stolen items worth (if applicable).
4.   Infiltration; intentional spying on military operations. Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes, branding, and removal from the area. Trial may occur.
5.   Banditry/Highway Activities/Kidnapping/Slavery - Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes, no less than 15 lashes, and removal from the area. Trial may occur.
6.   Piracy; unlawful acts committed at sea. Punishable by trial.
7.   Common Assault; assault upon a member of the public. Punishable by jailing for 30 minutes, no less than 20 lashes, and removal from the area.
8.   Assault on a Guardsman - Punishable by knocking, jailing for 30 minutes, no less than 20 lashes, and removal from the area.
9.   Manslaughter; death caused by accident or in self-defence. Punishable by trial.

Severe Crimes

1.   Wytchcraft – Punishable by Church trial.
2.   Assault on an Officer/Official – Punishable by trial.
3.   Assault on a Clergyman – Punishable by Church trial.
4.   Attempted Murder – Punishable by trial.
5.   Murder – Punishable by trial.
6.   Treason; publically defacing the Baron, or going absent without leave. Punishable by trial.
7.   Heresy; publically defacing anything associated with the Church. Punishable by Church trial.

Other Crimes

1.   Conspiracy; being revealed to be conspiring to commit crime. Punishable by the punishment listed for the crime which was being conspired to commit.
2.   Aiding and abetting; perverting the cause of justice via providing incorrect information, or being known to have assisted a criminal in any way. Punishable by the same punishment offered to the criminal the individual was assisting.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:51:16 pm »

History & Lore

The Avatarian faith was brought to Cove centuries ago through the missionary zeal of one man, Sanct Keldor. He converted much of Cove to the fledgling and disorganised faith, taking sword and fire to Higher Being's foes in the tiny backwater hamlet. At the time, the faith was concentrated in Yew, more specifically in Empath Abbey and the Court of Justice, where the magistrates kept the flame of divine knowledge alive through a long dark night of ignorance and superstition, nurturing it for the day when the word could be spread South and East over all of Sosaria and beyond.

It is likely that Sanct Keldor was a Yewish missionary, and he may have been attached to Sanct Helen, the patron saint of preachers who led a great exodus to the East. But he may also have been a native Covian convert of that exodus with local knowledge of his people and the warrior skills to protect his people from Guardian spawn and servants who had made the mountains of Cove their stronghold since time immemorial.

Driving his enemies before him and supported by his converts who comprised both a local town militia and a nascent crusading force, he cleansed the hamlet and its hinterland of the slaves and servants of Guardian and consolidated his victory by planning and organising the construction of a defensive ditch-and-fence perimeter. These defensive works were to be later improved and strengthened, making Cove the walled stronghold that it is today.

Having seen to Cove's defence and with a converted and loyal populace behind him, he led the crusading force he had trained by his own example and military skill into the mountains where they confronted the wytches and daemon-worshippers and their orc slaves who had made the mountains of Cove their raiding base for centuries. There, in the last stronghold of the forces of darkness, the fighting was bitter and it was at the height of the battle that Sanct Keldor was killed by a stray missile and his body brought back to Cove by the survivors of his crusading army.

The Keldorian Tradition

From that time on, Cove became the North-Eastern base of the Avatarian Church with its own traditions that to this day reflect its history as formed by Sanct Keldor. So it is that the core of the Covian Church is based upon its Templi caste, an army of warrior-priests born up by their faith and discipline, and made into a formidable and widely feared fighting force. From Sanct Keldor come also the strong local tradition of crusading and the preaching tradition of the followers of Sanct Helen.

Decline and Revival

The Church of Cove has often been accused of corruption by a regrettably impious army, a claim that in recent years culminated with the clergy's eviction and exile to the safety of Yew. Headed by Sir Hugo of Rothermere – a descendant of Sanct Keldor, the Church have since returned and is now doing all they can to cut out the cancer of heresy and godlessness in Cove. The zealous Templar Preceptor, Father Siegfried, has also played a significant role in the reform of the Avatarian faith in the trade port since Sir Hugo's disappearance. Under his guidance, key elements of Yewish Orthodoxy have been re-introduced to Cove; such as the concept of False Virtue, and the stricter treatment of mages. However hardened their line on wytchcraft may have lately become, the Templi of Cove continue to permit the use of arcane arts provided that the user is sanctioned and branded, as they are not yet strong enough to openly stamp it out. A sanctioned mage would be deemed an Arcanist, whereas their unsanctioned counterparts would bear the traditional slur of "Wytch", and be suited only for the pyre. This, like the greater toleration of Elves, remains a source of antagonism between the two Churches, yet united they still stand.

Certain races of Guardian spawn are eligible for redemption through baptism; those who understand they are merely a tool of Guardian’s plan and do not wish to be a part of it. Elves and Drows, most commonly can seek baptism and become welcomed within the Church as anyone else, though if they seek Barony citizenship, as baptised Avatarians they may be looked down upon as second-class subjects. Most races, however, cannot be converted, such as lizardmen, ratmen, orcs and undead. They are mindless and depraved, incapable of civility, and as such must be hunted down immediately on sight like the murderous beasts they are.

It is this acceptance of the arcanists in a controlled form together with the acceptance of a range of other races that, reflecting the conversion zeal of the Hellenic preaching tradition and the Keldorian military tradition, give the Covian Church its distinctive character.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:27:31 am by Siegfried » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 11:17:21 am »

Chapter I
Creation

As Higher Being gazed over His creation, He began to create the elements and from them formed the four Archangels. From the seas He created Hydros, sister of the three brothers, Lithos, Stratos, and Pyros. He didst instruct Hydros, "Go forth across the lands, let thy gentle rain fall 'pon the trees and crops that they may grow. Surf the seas and provide man with fish to eat." This, she did, and the people of Sosaria rejoiced at harvest time, offering thanks and praise in her name.

Chapter II
Ruler of the Waves

As Sosaria's people became more civilised and advanced, they became renowned seafarers, and wouldst venture off-shore in fishing boats once the fish of Sosaria's many rivers and streams became wise to the bait ‘pon the ends of their rods.

For a time, these fishermen didst leave their lives in the hands of Stratos, the Titan of Air, and relied ‘pon him to put wind in their sails and see that their progress was swift. The wind of Stratos, however, was too powerful, and his holy wind enraged the seas so much that tidal waves gave rise and destroyed fishing boats and their crew daily, and the search parties that wouldst attempt to find them.

And so it was such that the people of Sosaria prayed to Hydros before undocking praying for the safety of their boats and crew, and for a good catch, that she wouldst keep the winds of her brother from enraging the seas. Many lives were spared in exchange for this tribute.

As heresy became more pronounced in Sosaria, the chyldren of Higher Being didst take to the high seas to defeat the Zealan fleets; the praise of the faithful to Hydros secured clear victory in every encounter, as whirlpools and tidal waves captivated hostile vessels, swallowing them under the seas forever. The chyldren praised Hydros for her aid, and Higher Being was pleased.

Chapter III
Reincarnation

Britannia's seas, this day, are inhabited not only by fish, but also by Guardian spawn. These foul beasts didst not exist in times of old, and art believed to be the souls of the defeated Zealans, twisted and reincarnated in forms from sea serpents to krakens based ‘pon the severity of their sins in life.

Such a belief gave way to the thinking that sailors who lose their lives are taken to the Halls of Hydros and reincarnated as dolphins, and that to see one whilst at sea is a sign of great favour and fortune. Therefore, a burial at sea hath become common place amongst sailors and marines alike.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:35:12 am by Siegfried » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 12:10:57 pm »

Chapter I
Creation

In the beginning, Higher Being didst gaze upon His creation, and seeing it was good began to create the elements. From the element of fire He created the Archangel Pyros and instructed him, "Go forth and teach my chyldren how to use thy sacred fires to light the darkness, and smelt ore that they may craft weapons with which to fight with." This he did, and the people were saved from baphomet who crept into towns under the cover of darkness, avoiding the earthquakes of Pyros' brother, Lithos, the Titan of Earth.

Chapter II
The Cabal

'Tis known to be that in ages past, a Cabal of followers was formed who didst hold Pyros in higher regard than Higher Being himself, believing him to be the sole saviour of Sosaria, and not the combined efforts of all Higher Being's Archangels. This, is heresy, and such heretics were rounded up and burnt for their sins. Order was restored, and Higher Being's chyldren were glad to be rid of the heretics.

Many years ago, rumours of the Cabal reforming, under the guise of the Besieger division of the Guardsmen Militia of Yew came to light and a great conflict was sparked between the Besiegers and the Church, this was known as the Besieger revolt who fought for their innocence, denying the claims that they were part of the Cabal.

For a time, things settled, but the Besiegers remain cautious, and the Church, suspicious.

Chapter III
Lord of the Flame

The war against the heretical Zealans was short lived with the aid of the Archangels. As the chyldren of Higher Being marched to the walls of the Zealan cities, they caused fire to consume their defences and burn their homes. With Stratos' aid, these fires grew to become blazing infernos that engulfed the Zealans, and finished them for good.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 12:34:36 pm »

Chapter I
Creation

In the beginning, Higher Being didst gaze upon His creation, and seeing it was good began to create the elements. From the element of earth He created the Archangel Lithos and instructed him, "Go forth and cause tremors throughout the land, that mountains may fall ‘pon Guardian’s armies, and the ground break open and swallow them." This he did, and the people were saved from the marauding armies of orcs and undead.

Chapter II
The Wilderness

As the Titan of Earth, Lithos was charged to take care of Sosaria and its beings, to ensure that the lands remained fertile so that trees and crops may be watered by his sister, Hydros, and grow, and so that animals might graze off the land to feast ‘pon, that when the time came they must be slaughtered, their carcasses wouldst feed a village.

He didst tend to the land so that poisonous plants may grow, with which spies of Higher Being wouldst tip to their blades to ensure a clean kill for those they didst reveal to be consorting with Guardian. Under the feet of these spies, Lithos didst make the ground ‘pon which they walked firm yet soft, that they may travel swiftly without need to rest for aches and pains. As such, ‘tis believed that travellers, rangers and scouts alike pay tribute to Lithos.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:04:18 pm by Siegfried » Logged

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:04:04 am »

Chapter I
Prologue

And Sanct Keldor didst cleanse Cove of the Guardian spawn that had occupied it, and drove the orc remnants from it with great slaughter. And Covians didst sing his praises. But, after the ditch and fence were in position, thinking their strife was done they didst settle down to their lives, and Sanct Keldor’s brothers-in-arms became Town Guards and Watchmen. But soon it didst come to pass that their skills became blunted and their swords rusted in their scabbards, and they didst begin to worship idleness and moral laxity, succumbing to such evils as gambling, carousing and fornicating, as no doubt Guardian didst intend. As grim evidence of this, mortal images of Baphomet didst begin to appear and creep amongst the people, prying ‘pon their minds as they slept, defenceless, corrupting them. Soon, t’was whispered, the graven idols of Baphomet wouldst once again be raised and demand human sacrifice, as in the olde days of Chaos.

In seeing this, Sanct Keldor was wroth and went amongst the peoples to chastise them, and rouse them out of their torpor. He found a group of citizens gambling in the temporary Church he had made built, a converted hut, and drove them out with the flat of his sword before torching the hut. He ordered the shaken citizens to build a stone Church in the town. And he commanded his priest-knights to a weapon-take at dawn to raid the orcs, who had retreated to an abandoned naval fort on the tip of the peninsula, in which they hath made their base.

Chapter II
The Faithful Few

Dawn didst come, and but two of his former companions were mustered, a young squire, well-equipped, and a maid with nay arms nor armour. But Sanct Keldor was undismayed. He didst instruct the maid to pray to Higher Being for the gift of His Light, and being pure of spirit she obeyed. And lo, she was able to bring down both bolts of lightning to smite the orcs with and healing for the two warriors as they fought the orcish hordes. Thus is recorded one of the early miracles confirming Keldor's sanctity.

And Sanct Keldor led these two faithful young against the orc fort and together the three made great slaughter, piling the bodies of orcs about them, before returning to Cove with much gold, which Sanct Keldor used as tithe to found and build the Church anew.

Seeing this, the soldiery of Cove were abashed and hid from the scorn of the chastised citizens. But they had learned their lesson and the numbers of Keldor's companions once more swelled and their valour grew with each raid.

Chapter III
A Vision

So it was that Cove was saved a second time because of Sanct Keldor's tireless vigilance in keeping orc numbers down, and to this day the fort's size is too great for the numbers of Guardian spawn to properly occupy it. One day, mayhap, the dream of Sanct Keldor will be realised and the old naval fort taken, when as the arms of the Barony again become strong in the faith and a Barony fleet can also blockade and attack from the sea. A grand base for the fleet the cleansed orc fort would be, with the Guardian spawn no longer neighbours of Cove.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 09:14:16 am »

CHAPTER I
Prologue

The last stone was laid and He, Avatar, knelt and did prick his finger so as to draw blood. One drop didst fall to the stone and 'lo a jewelled stone bearing a blood drop appeared. He then prayed and spoke its mantra 'CAH' and thus was it granted power. The prayer said He stood and smiled, for the work was good. It was time to return to town.

CHAPTER II
Return

Avatar returned to the small village of Vesper upon which He was greeted by a throng of the village folk. Avatar sat them down there in the streets and He taught them. He told them about Sacrifice and its shrine. Whilst He taught, a merchant came to the throng his face all serious and pale. "Oh Avatar, oh Saviour. Please, my only child, he is dying." Avatar nodded and followed the man.

CHAPTER III
The Infirm

As Avatar walked across the village a woman who had been sick for many years followed within the crowd. She had seen many healers in nearly every city. She had spent all of her money on possible cures but to no avail. Indeed her illness had only grown worse. She edged her way through the crowd telling herself "If I can but touch His robes I shall be well." Being that she was a very humble woman she was afraid of offending mighty Avatar and thus she but brushed her bare feet against the hems of His robes whilst they walked. Though she had but hardly touched Him and all the crowd where pressed in about Him. The Avatar stopped and asked whom had touched Him. The people of the crowd turned to Him saying "But Lord Avatar, all of us are touching Thee, the streets are crowded." Avatar shook His head and looked about. "No, someone hath touched me with purpose and hath been made well." As Avatar looked to the crowd the woman didst come forward all trembling and fell at His feet and she told Him why she had touched Him. She told to Him how she had been healed the moment she but touched His clothes. She began to apologise but Avatar rose up His hand and said unto her, "Daughter, it was your faith that hath made thee well. Go in peace and be free of your trouble."  The woman then went away and was not troubled by her disease ever again.

CHAPTER IV
The Dead

The merchant's home was far on the opposite side and whilst they walked a servant of the merchant did come, his face filled with grief as he delivered his message. "Master, your son is already dead. Leave Him to His teaching for now is the time for funerals."
Avatar hearing this turned to the merchant and rested a hand upon his shoulder saying, "Fear not, Believe only in Me and he shall be well." The merchant and Avatar, and indeed the throng of listeners didst follow to the merchant's home. When they arrived many people had gathered outside all a wailing and crying lost in their mourning as if the very volume should bring the son back to life.

Avatar then stepped into the home and the merchant and his wife followed Avatar into the home to the room in which their son lay dead. Here they found more people all in mourning and Avatar said to them, "Why doth thou cry, and make so much noise? He is not dead, he is sleeping." These people promptly laughed at Avatar thinking Him a fool. This did not deter Him and He had all of them leave save merchant and wife. He went over to the bed where the boy lay and bent over him and clasping his hand said, "Arise boy, for the hour is late." The boy opened his eyes with a yawn and began to stir. He stood and walked to his father wrapping him in a hug. Avatar told them to feed him and left.

CHAPTER V
The Blind

Two blind men followed Avatar from the house of the merchant. But Avatar did not stop to give them sight, and He did not pay any attention to them, even though they called to Avatar again and again, and said "Avatar, Son of Mariah, have pity on us.” They followed Avatar even to the house where He was staying. At last Avatar stopped and turned toward them and said, "Doth thou believe that I am able to do this?” They both answered, "Yes, Lord.” The Saviour touched their eyes, and said, “I will cure thee because thou believe that I can.” Their eyes were opened, and when the poor men left Avatar they could see. Avatar did these miracles, not because He wanted to win praise from men, but because He loved to help those who needed Him.

CHAPTER VI
The Mute

After all these things the people did bring a man who could not talk. Avatar smiled and went to the man and began to talk with him. Finally Avatar asked, "Doth thou believe I can heal thee?" Suddenly the man spoke and said, "Yes Avatar, I believe with all of my heart!" Thus was the man made able to speak.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length