Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:42:15 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  [Ongoing Task] Food Glorious Food
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Ongoing Task] Food Glorious Food  (Read 4562 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:46:13 pm »

The Task:
Our Covian Guardsmen and hard-working Citizens grow hungry whilst at work! Your job is to put together food bag relating to the time of day you have made it, and issue it to three Covians.

Conditions:
*This task may only be completed once by each person.
*At least three Covians must be issued with this food package.
*A full report of your work must be posted below.

The imagination included within your report and the products themselves shall be taken into account upon rewarding of shillings.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:04:59 am by Penny » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 01:22:12 pm »

The Travelling Guardsman's Lunch

*... It was lunchtime.

Axiana was preparing some hot Julienne soup, a wonderful concoction of vegetables and herbs.  Meanwhile the bread was cooling down from the baking process.  A guardsman's lunch?  She hears footsteps approaching outside, and wondering who it could be, quickens her step to the door... It's Mr Grayner, the first guardsman to trial her recently prepared food?

I ask him to try the lunch I had prepared, he most readily and happily accepts my offer.  But I am soon to learn that as delicious as Mr Grayner finds it to be, it is not going to suit the needs of a travelling guardsman.  Cold soup is not exactly a favourite amongst the guards, and whilst on duty they would need to re-heat the soup!  Very time consuming.  A pie perhaps?  Could become very squashed and impractical whilst travelling and fighting.  With the help of Mr Grayner I decide the most nutritional and sensible lunch for a guardsman would need to be as follows:-

- Two fish steaks
- A bread loaf
- One piece of fruit
- Spring water in a sensible container.
- Bag

Mr Grayner waits for me, whilst I prepare this lunch.  Then I ask him to put it to the test...  He sits on it, squashes it in his hand and treads on it (whilst in the bag).

Does it still taste the same I wonder?  It does not look so good now, but Mr Grayner assures me that it tastes very well indeed.

I am concerned that the lunch appears to be on the... uninteresting side and lets face it not everyone likes fish?  Mr Grayner's words are "Ye don't put on the Covian badge to join a holiday camp".  He seems very pleased with the lunch.  Therefore I will issue it to another two guardsmen.

Mr Takeamada and Mr Go-hei are up for this task!  Having tried and tested the lunch both of the guardsmen are quite happy that it is a lunch fit for the working guardsman.

*The 'Travelling Guardsman's Lunch' is now available for sale at the Market of Cove, next to the Barracks for just 30 gp*.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 06:41:07 pm »

50 Shillings Awarded - Axiana Masteen, Burgher.

A hearty meal indeed!

*munch munch*

*signed*

Raiden , Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Ocean
Criminal
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »

*Sally digs this task out from the bottom of a pile in the Town Hall, reads over it and gets to work*

Whoever it may concern,

I decided to bring this back to light, as those guardsmen are looking a little thin. It was into the afternoon when I put together the food packages, but many of the guardsmen had seemingly not eaten yet. Due to this, I made brunch which consisted of:

*A pitcher of Cow's Milk
*Three Sausages
*Two Eggs
*Some Rashers of Bacon
*Three Apples

Food packages were freshly cooked and handed out to three guardsmen:

A Senior Grenadier
A Senior Guardsman
A Junior Scout

I hope these brunches helped the guardsmen on their duties until supper time!

*Scribbled at the bottom of the page*
-Sally

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:40:08 pm »

6 Covian lunches prepared and ready to be picked up by hungry customers! (I do this several times a week)
http://cove.sugeworld.com/forum/index.php/topic,13791.0.html

Mail Deliverer
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:02:32 pm »

50 Shillings Awarded ~ Sally, Delivery Woman
50 Shillings Awarded ~ Railen Morana, Goblin Manageress

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »