Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:38:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Hunt & Gather
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Hunt & Gather  (Read 2182 times)
Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:26:09 pm »

*Copied note from civilian board is posted to this one*

Hunt & Gather

Led by:
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Commoner

Attended by:
Hoagie, Sergeant
Marcus Kobra, Watchman
Heath Blackrose, Commoner

Report:

I requested the attendance of as many civilians and guardsmen as possible by posting a notice on the events board. Unfortunately it seemed a lot of people were busy and therefore the turnout was not great. However we ventured on after a small problem at the beginning on our way to gather as much as we could.

During our journey we came across quite a lot of dangerous creatures which led me to change the plan, given that we had only two guardsmen for protection. We were heading to shame but I thought it was sensible to stop short in a mountain passage to ensure that our duties could fully be carried out. This gave us an excellent place to build our camp, it was much easier to guard and keep safe. We gathered some lumber quickly and as the men were tired from the long walk we setup a camp to rest up before we mined for some ore. The camp was quickly completed thanks to the excellent carpentry skills of Heath, who managed to knock out plenty of crates, stools and tables that we used to good effect. The Sergeant then quickly went off to catch some food and came back with some chicken, which we cooked and shared.

It was then time for myself and Heath to mine, I instructed the guardsmen to guard the entrance and one of them to patrol every so often inside the cave in case any problems occurred. We set to work, quickly settling in to the mining grove and I came across several different types of or, iron, bronze, gold and copper. I noticed that the packhorse was full and so headed out to check everything was fine and to change to the next packhorse.

Just as I had tied the horse up and was heading to talk to the guards my foot slipped down a hole and twisted which caused extreme pain. I was helped back to a stool in the camp by the Sergeant but I concluded that I would be unable to walk back that evening. Luckily the camp was in an excellent position so I would be able to stay there until I was well enough to walk back, there were plenty of food to sustain me for a while. I requested that the rest of the group take the horses back to cove so that the resources we gathered could be counted. The sergeant will hopefully tag a note onto here stating these amounts.

My ankle is feeling better now although not fully recovered.

*signed*
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Commoner

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:57:53 pm »

The amounts gathered are as follows:

142 iron ore
23 dull copper ore
13 copper ore
10 bronze ore
86 logs

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner,
Sergeant.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length