Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:22:03 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Elvish Eyes: Memories of Hardship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elvish Eyes: Memories of Hardship  (Read 1885 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:05:55 pm »

Marcus came into their small apartment in Vesper, the stench of the streets following in behind him. He came in with a bright smile all in his red and black, chaos shield slung on his back, coin purse hanging at his side with just a slight bulge. It was pay day afterall. Shortly after the sound of the street died behind the closed door he recognized the sounds of sobs coming from the other side of the room which was curtained off and served as the pairs wash room.

"Hellas? Hellas are you decent? Whats Wrong?"

He came around the side flinging the curtain over a shoulder and immediately dropped the loaf of bread he had and the flowers. There sat Hellas on a stool before the mirror, the tips of her own ears in her hands as she cried. Marcus stared horrified then after a moment rushed to her wrapping her up in his embrace.

"Hellas, who has done this to you!"

She sobbed and looked up briefly at the bloody knife on the counter before speaking.
 "I just want them to stop hating me for who I am... for being of Elven blood!"

Marcus was perfectly horrified as he held her closer letting her cry on his shoulder. She shook in his arms sobbing for minutes that felt like hours.

"Hellas, we need to bandage your ears.... if we get you to a healer they can.."
She cut him off with a scream of total denial, one that ended any arguments before they started.

"I wont have them putting back what they don't like any way.... how can I, WE live a normal life when everyone knows what I am!?!? We both work in the militia, its the only reason we got this room at normal and not double price! Its the reason I don't even get paid and only get summoned for the dangerous scouting assignments! Its the reason they cut your pay in half for being my companion!"

She sobbed again as Marcus removed his bandages and gently wrapped her ears.

Days later after the bandages were gone Marcus woke looking in Hellas' deep blue eyes. Her smile was radiant as the sun lit up her deep brown hair and made her skin glow with its own fire.

"And what might I ask makes you in such a grand mood? It is clearly morning on our off day. Early so it seems, sleep some more"

She smiled as she curled up with him and spoke into his ear.
 "I managed to pull a human assignment! Its in a few weeks and it seems your part of the mission! We are going to scout out the Yewish borders!"

Marcus loved her eyes, so blue. How he would miss them should anyone ever take them away.....

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length