Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:31:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trial: Graem Carcer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trial: Graem Carcer  (Read 2652 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:38:06 am »

Greetings Drill Corporal,

So ye want to become one of the best eh?

Well it will nay be easy! Let's see what Minocians are made of shall we?

Here are your trials.

Discipline.

You will lead a thorough training session. Sounds easy don't it? Well let me elaborate... You will lead a thorough training session including physical exercise, kit and uniform examination, parade and battle orders as will as a theory lesson on an aspect of warfare that you deem fitting, whether it be weapons or tactics related. Conclude the session with a free for all!

Conditions.

- At least three guardsmen will attend the training session.
- You show evidence in your report that all the above tasks have been carried out during the training session.
- Pin a full report including drawings beneath this notice.

Brotherhood.

Some say that the mortar that binds the Grenadiers together is their 'swagger'! Grenadier swagger has become legendary throughout Sosaria, but let's face it Corporal you can't swagger so much when your hair looks like roofing thatch and you have a beard like a rhododendrum bush. Seek out a bath house and a barbers for a short back and sides eh? Or take a leaf out of Gimbly's book I say! Let's have you looking swish to receive those bronze arms.

Conditions.

- This is an entirely roleplay task.

Ability To Fight.

A Grenadier is a killing machine. Whether armed up to the teeth or with nothing more than a spoon, a Grenadier is a killer. Lead a trophy hunt in the Baron's name and bring back your prize to adorn the baron's office.

Conditions.

- At least 4 other guardsmen must attend the hunt.
- Collect at least 25,000 coins and evidence in your report of the slain beast.

Loyalty.

On completion of these trials (if you don't die first) you will be welcomed into the Grenadier brotherhood. However this means the army will need replacements in the main block. You will lead a recruitment mission to New Haven and encourage adventurers to join the Covian army.

Conditions.

- You will lead a recruitment stall and parade in the town of New Haven for no less than 45 minutes.
- At least 4 other Covians must join you on this mission.
- Decorate the town and portal with recruitment banners and place another 20 at your own leisure at prime locations throughout Sosaria.

Once all these tasks have been completed seek me out so you can take the Grenadier's oath.

Good luck Drill Corporal!

*signed & stamped with the Grenadier seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:50:12 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:25 pm »

*Graem holds the poster at arms length and raises his furry eyebrow* "SHAVE MA' BEARD?!" *Grumbles!*

Trophy Hunt

Commanding Officer

Corporal Carcer, Graem

Attending Officers

Captain Morana, Raiden
Sergeant Sanderson, Kelly

Attending Guardsmen

Grenadier Takeamada
Scout Garand
Watchman Kobra, Marcus
Watchman Go-Hei

---

A trophy for the Baron's wall... I'll get him a good one! Golden Serpantine Dragon Talons; they'll look nice.. Serve as a nice weapon also were his office infiltrated! ...Not that the Grenadiers would allow that of course.

Regardless, we gathered the men up at the barracks and marched to the moongate where we waited for Watchman Go-Hei to find his way back from Minoc, having sent the Scout to go and find the lost little pup. We couldn't wait much longer and went through to Honesty, and battled our way through the maze of floating eyes to the ruined Jukan city of Mistas, where we were assaulted by archers and wytches from the rooftops right through until we finally reached the foothills of the lengthy mountain climb to our destination.

I warned the men to breath frugally, as the air got thinner, and it became harder to move the higher we climbed the winding trial. Eventually the gaping cavern was in sight, and on charging through, I ordered to men to slay the magical pixies and centaurs that were in our way, though they looked bewildered at this order; I think the lack of air must have gone to my head!

On spotting our prey, we slew a horde of dragons until two golden buggers swooped down. With the Captain's superb human shield tactic, we managed to slay them both, and reclaimed a talon from each for the Baron's wall!

A total of 30,000+ crowns were collected and divided up amongst the men and companies present. Well done men!

*Signed*

- Corporal Carcer
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:08:25 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:56:09 am »

Nay bad Corporal, nay bad...

Good work to those who took part in this mission. The healing could have been tighter in places, but well done nevertheless.

The healing is something we can work on... As is finding yer way from the barracks to the Minoc portal! *mutters*

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:51:58 pm »

Brotherhood

Commanding Officer

Corporal Carcer, Graem

---

Well, it's probably about time this rag got a cut; only reason I let it grow so long is because I never get chance to sleep, let alone fetch a haircut thanks to pouring over these Recruit files...

I took my hounds, Anglo & Saxon with me through the Northern swamps of Britain, before arriving and asking a local healer for directions to the local barbers. Managing to evade the Britannian Guards, I weaved my way through the streets to the building I had been directed to; tied the dogs to the lamp post outside and ventured in, waiting my turn for a seat.

As I was called over, I explained to the man I was part of a mercenary company, to avoid raising suspicion, and needed to get my haircut to stop it flapping in my face during battle. I asked for something military.

What I got, was a little too short, but in time I imagine it'll grow to something reasonable...

*Signed*

- Corporal Carcer
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:49:45 am »

Tha's more like it Corporal!

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length