Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:42:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Making a portable Forge!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Making a portable Forge!  (Read 2236 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:45:19 pm »

Ok lets see how good are ability to role-play really is!  Let me know your thoughts!

I posted it here because its not offical (yet) just want to get a feel for what others thought of the idea?

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:51:07 pm »

It's a good idea, and certainly a good report but at current, exotic pets and mounts are forbidden within cove regardless of their use; even if it is a portable forge to help our crafters.

I can't see our stance on this changing as a low-fantasy guild.

The fact of the matter is, RP craftsmen have lasted for years without anything other than pack horses, and in certain guilds, recall and gate-travel (or bags of sending, or bonded auto-teleport pack horses), and will most likely continue to do so.

Cracking report though Take!

- Grey
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 05:18:15 pm »

Aye nice idea and RP report but I'm afraid exotic pets/bugs/beetles/whatever you want to call them are banned in BoC and that is something that is unlikely to change.

Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 07:45:06 pm »

Are squirrels and ferrets banned too???!!!???

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 11:47:43 pm »

Uh Delf, seeing as a squirel and ferret are real animals, and we are in a low fantasy RP I'm fairly certian that they are authroized.

As for Take's Idea, a grand idea in the RP sense, Sadly I'm fairly certain of Command's stance on neon colour things and giant bugs (in the end you are defeated by game mechanics freind)

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:14:33 am »

I'll have to agree I'm afraid.

Lovely report and excellent creativity...

However, the Baronship mainly doesn't let these sort of mounts be used (even if mounting doesn't occur Tongue) because it makes us look bad to others. If you were to pass say.. A Trinsician.. Or a Yew Militia member... They would see it and just think "Ehhh?"

Sad fact, sad fact Sad

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 05:57:05 pm »

Well IC it isn't going to be an exotic bug, he's RP'ing it as a portable forge, so i doubt he would be mounting it etc. Nice idea tho Smiley But then again its not up to me Tongue im from a medium fantasy guild Cheesy and im a tamer so im inclined to love all pets Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length