Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:56:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Raid on Orc Fort
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Raid on Orc Fort  (Read 1296 times)
Sharon
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:32:35 pm »

Leading
Sister Sharon

Chyldren! I have the honour to make my first report of a combat.

Attending
Father Siegfried
Friar Michael Vandryk

This was my first battle and my first command. I was very nervous, but prayed fervently in the church for guidance before setting out. The day before, I had checked the map in the Preceptory and then done a quick scouting of the Orc Fort, taking a mercenary with me. The approaches are very narrow along a winding cliff track, wide enough only for one to pass, and I was concerned lest we became cut off from orcs sallying from the cave.

So I hired two mercenaries in Cove to guard the western end of the cliff track and waited outside the town gates for the raiding party to assemble at the time we had agreed.

We were but few so the raid was perforce short but sharp. I blessed our valiant templi and say with some pride that to have a Templi force behind me was truly an honour. With such valiant and strong in Faith priest-knights we need fear naught!

They fought with courage and determination while I prayed for the Higher Being to put power in my hands to heal our knights and to punish the Guardian spawn with lightning, and soon many orcs lay dead around us so we could hardly walk without treading on them.

We collected tythes to the value of some 2,000 gold, and decided that we had done enough for such a small force. Father Siegfried took hand of the tythes, and we returned to Cove.

It was a useful probe and will stand us in good stead when we have built up numbers of Templi and Clergy.

For Avatar, Church and Barony!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length