Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:42:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Explorer Rescue, AKA Operation Sandstorm (Report)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Explorer Rescue, AKA Operation Sandstorm (Report)  (Read 1712 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:18:07 am »

A daring rescue to find Doctor Altmere Jones, and the riches of a forgotten king.

Leading:

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet

Attending:

Takeamada, Mercenary
Kas Valentine, Company Arcanist
Raven, Company Skirmisher
The Keres, Company Skirmisher
Delferium, Mercenary
Tyrael Styx, Mercenary
Sean Greyson, Mercenary Recruit.
Dr. Altmere Jones, Archaeologist.
Matilda, pack animal.

Having finally pieced together my last clues. I gathered the men within the barracks mess decks and gave them a quick briefing. That settled , at the courtesy of Valentine we opened a portal to Umbra within the lands of Malas. Once there, the mean proved to be completely unprepared! They got lost and needed to visit their safety deposit boxes. Such sloppiness. . .  sounds like a damned bunch of rag tag militia.

We soon made west along the road then cut sharply South into the desert. As usual the might Keres moaned the whole way there. How do ye defeat a Keres? Shine some sun on him. . .they melt like candles. The rest of the men yakked and chatted loudly behind me as we trudged through the desert. After many hours and many many miles we stumbled into the Doctors camp just before night fall. It was here I introduced myself to him and put the men to stand watch and to get rest before the coming dawn. We slept little whilst we waited for the sun to rise. We woke to the sounds of the howling winds and the oppressive heat of the sun, the sand stung our eyes, the sun scorched our brows, indeed this was going to be a rough day. We quickly mustered and some men where dismissed due to heat sickness. Our numbers thus reduced we pressed on anyway and began exploring our way across the imposing mound of stone. Hours we searches until a path where discovered to the top. We fired a few shots into the void and then plunged onward into darkness.

Immediately we were set upon by the vicious hordes of undead within! The men quickly scattered and began questioning orders and blatantly wondering why they needed to listen to them. Their names are duly noted and they will be reprimanded appropriately. After finally sorting the men we pressed on to the floors below meeting heavy resistance. The place crawled with thousands of Zombies, Mummies, and Skeletons, a true show of the shambling undead. They flailed limbs and swung ancient scimitars towards us. They proved little match for Covian might and we soon hit the bottom floor. It was here that bravado and poor discipline would nearly prove our undoing.

We smashed them left and then right but forward came a great beast of mythic proportions, part lion and part man it snarled and cast many a foul wytch craft upon us. But we persevered and smashed its skull! Har! We quickly spread out to search for clues finding that numerous columns had inscriptions on them. We hastily made charcoaled rubs of the inscriptions on a mummies bandages then dashed for the exits hotly persued by thousands more of the tombs guardians. It was by the skin of our teeth that we made it out alive and sealed the tomb shut behind us. We turned our clues over to Doctor Jones who soon deciphered the inscriptions meaning and we set off on a trek north into the wastes.

Once to the spot we began digging and were shortly rewarded with the sounds of metal against metal. We had found something! Eagerly we hoisted up the content whilst Kas pranced about like afairy. . . . Seriously he pranced. . .    We then proceeded to open the chest but where stopped by the good Doctor warning us of traps and curses. This in mind we left Kas to use a spell to pop the lock and a great explosion erupted from the container. Thinking our prize to be lost we quickly dashed forward. Gold! Gold and gems everywhere! Glorious gold!  I quickly beat the men off the chest and turned it over to the Doc. That done I reminded the men that any theft of the Baron's Gold would be met with death and then had Kas gate us home to Cove.

I lined the men up at the barracks where our total loot was discovered to be very little. . . 
We had just over 8000 coin. I divided the gold up into portions of 800 coins with Styx, Keres, and Takeamada Turning their Gold in. Delferium and Raven got whatever they left the unit with as they where not at final muster. I then dismissed the men and the Doctor and I walked up stairs to count and stash the gold.  In total the loot was 7K coins but the chest. . ..  woo.  One-Hundred Thousands and nine-hundred and two coins. A kings ransome! The Baron shall be pleased, its bound to be a light tax year now. . . . .

*Signed*
Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet and Company Medic, Baronship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:14:15 pm »

Damn fine work!

The Baron will be pleased indeed.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length