Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:45:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Vesper Revolt ~ The Final Engagement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vesper Revolt ~ The Final Engagement  (Read 1767 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:05:12 pm »

Attended by:

Raiden, Commander. (leading)
Kas Valentine, Company Arcanist.
Marcus Tel'var, Mercenary.
Takeamada, Mercenary.
Torrak Keres, Company Skirmisher. (arrived later)
Mercy, Company Arcanist.
Ludwik Bloodaxe, Mercenary.
Delferium, Mercenary.
Raven, Mercenary.
Faden Wildheart, Mercenary.
Kyte, Mercenary Recruit.
Garrison Hawke, Mercenary Recruit.
Leander Le Blanc, Mercenary Recruit.

With Union forces led by The Company having pushed the Militia back and liberated the islands occupied by Escaflowne's men, all that was left to do to end the conflict was to lay siege to the Vesperian's headquarters and defeat them once and for all.

Union General Stirling ordered a seaborne assault, with attacks from the Covian shire or Swaggerland being deemed too obvious. The massed ranks of The Company and our Union allies boarded three vessels and set sail for Vesper beach. We came under heavy fire from mages, archers and cannon and returned fire with our own gunnery experts former Grenadiers Takeamada, Tel'var and myself.

With the Vesperian defences weakened our forces stormed ashore. Fierce hand to hand fighting ensued and the Union advance faltered a little giving the Vesper Militia enough time to fall back into their headquarters. As we regrouped I was given the honour of leading the assault on the heavily defended, brutish building that was the Militia's base.

After giving the warriors present a rousing speech I then employed a little misdirection to hoodwink any watching Militia spies. *shifty eyes* I led a charge towards the Vesper Town Hall as a feint. *loosens gorget* Before swinging round to storm the HQ itself. *Ahem*

With the advantage firmly in the defenders favour or first attempts to breech the building's courtyard were repulsed The Company pressed on and eventually gained a foothold on the blacony, evicting the Vesperian forces from their own headquarters.

Whilst our Union allies skirmished outside with the Militia as they regrouped The Company made itself at home with arcanists and archers manning the balcony and shieldfighters defending the courtyard. All we had to do was hold out until nightfall for victory and the war would be won!

Our forces stood firm to repel the Militia's counterattacks. Company archers and arcansists keeping Militia heads down whilst the combined Union infantry kept them from the gates. With nightfall came the ceasing of sword on shield and both sides disengaged.

Tired and weary both sides converged on the beach. Escaflowne's lot bemoaning The Company's presence in Vesper and hurling abuse at us Covians. I reminded the Militia Captain that the beach he now stood on was no longer under Milita control and that he should mind his words. Chancellor Cocidius bade us all join him in the Vesper Town Hall.

He gave some long winded speech, but basically Van is stepping down as Chancellor and the elections to name his successor will be held in a week or so. Who knows who that will be or their stance towards Cove and The Company. As we left the Town Hall for the Swaggers Devante presented me with a 50,000 shilling cheque for The Company. A handsome sum indeed for our efforts this eve. At the suggestion of Skirmisher Keres The Company will donate half of it's final pay to towards the rebuilding and resettlement costs of those Vesperians who's homes had been damaged or distroyed during the conflict.

With The Company's commission with the Union completed and future relations with Vesper possibly in the balance I said my farewells to those in the Swaggers, just as the victory songs were starting.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 09:25:42 am »

So we were paid, to fight fer Vesper for VAN, and he is quittin'?

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length