Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 08:45:26 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Haven Hamperings.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Haven Hamperings.  (Read 2301 times)
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:26:37 am »

Present:
Raven
Garrison Hawke (arrived later)
Jon Trent (I spotted stealthing around)

Sketches:

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:01:09 pm »

Well what happened next?!?
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »

Waking up today I noticed a leaflet on the steps of the barracks, taking more of an interest I decided to read what it said. 

A Plea for Peace

Since my last pamphlet was issued, Haven has endured all manner of new and more abominable trangressions at the hands of the Yewish invading forces.  I will document them here.

It has long been accustomed for the older and richer folk of Haven to leave useful goods in our square for the use of the younger and poorer.  But any goods dropped recently have been stolen by the Yewish who equipped with packhorses , set to "cleaning" the town in order to "make more spaces for their flags." Surely they who can afford to bring their forces from so far abroad, can only be doing this out of greed; they have plastered our fair town with their flags already and their prescence is louder than that nauseating yellow hue they have chosen to represent their character!
And they are not content to lay these flags for themselves.  Yesternight my friends and I witnessed with horror as these barbarians press-ganged our gentle young-folk into laying the flags for them! To what purpose this?
And time and again I have witnessed censorship of my own pamphlets! The voice of a citizen of Haven means naught to these tresspassers, who have dispossed of them, as though they, are our rights, were rubbish. I was obliged to buy more paper and write anew, and to set forth into other lands to spread word.

Haven has been a neutral friend to all, even some Yewish, for some time now.  We are happy to host the flags, recruitment stalls, and parades of any visiting militia.. so long as they are respectful and well behaved.  But our patience is being tried.

A young man of Vesper was witnessed going into the bank to enquire about his account; he was immediatly set upon by Yewish brigands.  When he asked for peace, as he was on a personal errand, they continued to harrass him.  This is Haven!  Where Vesper, Cove, Trinsic and yes even Yew have long been welcome.

We can be very grateful this young man escaped harm; but he was a lucky one.  Since they have arrived, the Yewish have set nightly to drunkern brawling in the square, the harrassement of our own people, and other deplorable behaviour.   They have occupied our own barracks, so that young are unable to seek out the assistance of our own veteran warriors without aggrivation from  the foriegners.

I have already called upon Yew to see reason, without result.  And have called upon the Mayor of Haven to reason with them, without result.

I again ask the Yewish invaders, cease this assult and return to their own lands.  And if our town is not restored forthwith, we will be forced to seek the help of our other allies to restore the peace of Haven.

S. Smith.

I believe this is a call for help and will head to Haven to see what else this person has to say.

*signed in neat swirling handwriting*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length