Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:51:12 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trial ~ Garrison Hawke
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trial ~ Garrison Hawke  (Read 1874 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:46:48 pm »

Watchman Trial ~ Garrison Hawke.

"Hawke eh?" Raiden said to no-one inparticular.
"He's made fine progress so far and i reckon he has a bright future in the Army. If he stays alive a'course. Time fer his trials..."

Greetings Recruit,

Here are yer trials.

Task One ~ In The Market For Recruits.

Luna seems ter have replaced the capital fer hustle and bustle and a'course it is home ter a vibraint trader's quarter. People venture from all around the lands to buy goods in the city so what better location to carry out a spot of recruiting eh?

~ Lead a recruitment stall and/or parade to the city of Luna.
~ At least 3 other Covians must accompany you on this mission.
~ Be sure to place recruitment banners at the portal and bank as well as throughout the city where vendors peddle their wares.
~ Your group must spend at least 20 minutes in the city carrying out recruitment duties.
~ Post a full report with drawings below.

Task Two ~ Trophy Hunt.

The Baron's office is looking a little bare and could do with brightening up. What better way to do it than with a trophy for the glory of Cove. Lead a detatchment on a mission to bring back a trophy to honour our Baron. A list of fearsome beasts can be found pinned to the announcements notice board.

~ Lead a trophy hunt of your choice.
~ At least 3 guardsmen are to join you on this mission, though I would recommend more.

Task Three ~ Braving The Elements.

As y'know us Covians are hardy stock. However the army accepts warriors from all over the lands and one or two need a little toughening up sometimes. Lead a mission into the wilderness where your party will forage for food and supplies with which to build a shelter from the elements.

~ Lead a wilderness survival expedition into either the frozen wastes or burning deserts of the Lost Lands.
~ At least 3 other guardsmen must accompany you on this mission.
~ Construct a shelter using only the resources you have foraged for.
~ After your unit has fed and rested at the shelter keep them busy with either training or duelling and such. Whatever is appropriate for the conditions.
~ Your party must brave the elements for at least 30 minutes.

Good luck Hawke.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:31:09 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hawke
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

Mercenary at Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:03 am »

I knows this be out a order, do'n the 2nd task first, but it be a hell'a lot more fun smashing a wyrm then recuit'n!

Report:Claw of the Ancient Wyrm Trophy Hunt

Lead by: Garrison Hawke, Guardsmen Recruit (Donated 2,000 gold to the coffers)

Attended by:

Raiden Morana, Commander
Hoagie, Captain
Kal Shadowhand, Officer Cadet (Donated 2,000 gold to the coffers)
Falconheart, Junior Grenadier (Donated 2,000 gold to the coffers)
Mercy, Company Arcanist (?) (Donated 2,000 gold to the coffers)

Many a meh mates lined up outside the barracks, fer which I be grateful, and it got explained that we's huntin' a ancient wyrm down and bashin' in its head! Then once we did that I be takin' a claw from it ta give ta the Baron as a trophy!

I still be a little rusty fight'n let alone leadin' so's I lucked out cause we had a quality crew on this here hunt! Mercy gated us ta the moongate where we all jumped in an headed fer the compassion shrine in Ilsh. Told 'em all ta head to the gypsy camp...we stopped fer a quick rest at a real large camp afore head'n ta the small crappy one I be think'n of.

From there we entered the neighbor'n valley where'n the rest set-up whilst I marched off ta drag the beast inta our trap! We got slaughtered It took some work, and to be truthful I dun't remember a whole lot a the first half a the fight, 'cept the stupid wyrms firey breath hittin' me, over, and over again!

After we beat 'em down some 'is fire wasn't as damaging. Then we swarmed it! Hack'n and slash'n it 'til its legs gave out! Then we finished it off. I hacked a claw off one of its mits, show'n it off some, then we headed back ta Cove. Capt. Hoagie and I did nay get lost...we just wanted ta kill more stuff!

We eventually made it back ta Cove, divided the spoils, thanked me mates and dismissed 'em...even got ta show off the trophy ta the Baron!

Good Hunt, Thanks Mates!

Spoils:
One Ancient Wyrm Claw
over 14,000 gold (10,530 ta the coffers)

(Sketches)

*Signed*

Hawke

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length