Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:46:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [PR] The Church [PR]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [PR] The Church [PR]  (Read 2110 times)
Lothar
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:56:03 pm »

Im just trying to get an understanding of people and their thoughts, so I have made this survey for people to do so I can get a more clear understanding on your opinions.

What do you think of the Church and the religion?

What should be changed about the Church and the religion?

How does your character(s) feel about the Church and the religion?

Please comment since it will shed some light and hopefully give the churchies some inspiration for the future.

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:01:44 pm »

Em, no idea, John Dell thinks the church is good, but he is not sure he understands it. That is not the churchs fault but it has to do with Johns intelligence  Tongue

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:55:48 pm »

Why do you always put John down? Give the man some confidence!  Tongue

I think its excellent, but I feel its losing its spark a bit. The Masses are beginning to drag and it's falling into a monotomous repeat of putting people in the correction chamber and calling others infidels.

I think more Church events/activites should be conjured up (and I don't mean more Masses). Also, other ways should be raised in which the people of Cove can interact with the Church without being lectured to for an hour *smirk*
I also think that perhaps the Church should lower some of its fear factor just a slight, slight notch (though I do know the medieval church was notorious for its harshness, I feel a little leeway can be extended here).

The Church tried to ban Ale.  Grin Otherwise, Eason is a fairly good Avatari. Has served in a few crusades.
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 11:44:21 pm »

There is a fine line between intresting and well thought out, and beign so involved that it's a turn off to players. *shrugs*  I am a bit curious if other guilds have masses and what those are like.

The whole arch angel thing is a bit bizar.. what about Iolo, and the other heros? Isn't that basicaly their roll?

Mass dosen't have to be nearly so long and involved.  More like, get the tithe for the week, have some queer little cerimony that takes up the bulk of the time, and a five min or so of chastisement.

I'd knock it off with the whole "God" thing.  Fine, the Avitar is a "god" but he isn't the "God" UO or other wise.  Stick to the pre-existing UO stuff, it's getting kida weird, and there is pleanty of stuff allready writen to use.

I like the cut-throat violence though... *grins*

Kate isn't an Avatar worshiper, she was brought up strictly following the Virtues.  At first she thought the church and the Templars were full of it, but through events has developed a definate fear of them, if not grudging respect.  The main reasion she attends Mass because that is the last place you'd expect to look for a non-beliver... sneaky sneaky woman.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 11:46:41 pm by Calico » Logged

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Gregor Eason
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:59:19 am »

Your point on Mass I agree with. I think they should be a LOT shorter. They are fun, but novelty fades away after going over the 30minute mark.

I think Masses should be around 20minutes in length. But I think to make up for shorter Masses there should be more Church activities throughout the week. Also, I think Mass should take an evening slot as opposed to 4pm. More opportunity for greater numbers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length