Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:29:44 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  Scout Trials - Faden Wildheart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scout Trials - Faden Wildheart  (Read 2803 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »

Now that the army is back in business lets get you back in step with your trials so you can join the re-formed Light Company.

Task One - The magic flute. Completed

This has long been a traditional task of the scouts, to recover a magical flute from an old wytch living in the forests south of Yew.  The flute is used to call aid to you from your fellow scouts.

Conditions:
  • This task can be done alone or with help.
  • At the end you must have the flute
  • Write a detailed report including paintings as proof.

Task Two - Ballard for the Scouts Completed

Write up a suitable ballard that will describe the light company and the army.

Task Three - updating the list of enemies Completed

"In the increasingly hostile and shady world of Sosaria, it is up to the Light Company to prove its worth as Cove's eyes and ears, watching out for emerging and old threats to the state of Cove and directing the army's efforts to destroy these threats as they arise."

1. You are to compile a report of one organization or town currently active and their diplomatic stance towards Cove. If no data is avaliable on their diplomatic stance, you should seek out a member of the group in question and question them on their stance.

2. You are to assign each organization or town which is hostile to Cove a threat rating between one and ten. You should back up your decision with evidence if possible.

Good luck Faden and we look forward to having you with us.

*signed neatly*

Aliryl Trefynwyd
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:28:37 pm by Aliryl » Logged

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:05:02 pm »

I was glad to receive such a grand adventure. At first I wondered where I would find the Witch however after reading previous reports (intel is a scouts best friend). I soon found that she was located in some ruins south of Yew. I set off from Cove and followed the path around Yew, quite awhile later I found the runis.

I sneaked up to the Witch just in case she was hostile. I observed the witch as she tossed in strange creatures into her boiling cauldron. She was a very old ugly woman with the use of only one eye. I paused a moment and then came into her vision. She screamed in my direction asking if I was there to trouble her, I replied ''No, I have been sent to aid you, apparently you need my help''. She mumbled some more and explained how her assistant was lost in the woods. She requested that I head west to the road and follow it North and hopefully I would find this assistant. I headed off and soon noticed a corpse laying under a tree... upon reaching it I realised it was what appeared to be the witches assistant (after all he was a smelly fella with torn scruffy clothing). I noticed a imp ransacking the body, I tried to chase it but it was far too fast.

I headed back to the witch to inform her of the bad news. She didn't seem bothered at all that her apprentice had died, perhaps she is like the Covian command, another recruit dead... well it happens they say.

The Witch said that the imp would be somewhere... somewhere, that could be anywhere! I headed off to the greatest source of knowledge I knew, the Tokuno Library. After spending some hours reading the books I stumbled across a series of books titled ''Dummies Guide to Imp Hunting Vol 1-30'' after another 7 hours reading I realised Imps gather for unholy rituals in the centre of ''Hedge Maze''. I gathered my bolts and crossbow and travelled there immediately.

Over the years I had obtained a map of this maze and quickly navigated it. I found a hidden door into a ritual room where I slayed many vile Imps. Alas! one was carrying the Magic Flute! I grabbed it and ran out of there as fast I as I could and returned to Cove.

I feel a little sad for the Witch that I could not finish her quest but she's a witch after all. Perhaps another Light Company recruit will finish the task.

Signed,
Faden Wildheart
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:23:59 pm by Faden » Logged

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:14:50 pm »

This evening I travelled to Yew and purchased a Monks robe, a convenient disguise... I nay wanted to enter hostile or friendly territory and have the chance of being attacked.

After my purchase I head off to Vesper. Upon leaving the Minoc Moongate I stumble upon Niomiya Skye who thought Covians were Backstabbers, she believes Vespers stance with Cove is unclear due to Cove declaring war on Vesper and then saying they didn't however if a Covian lay dieing at the side of the road she would assist him. She despises Yew.

A fellow called Thaur Macil was also at the gate. He believes we have a turbulent relationship but believes we are friends now. He LOVES Covians. If he saw a dieing Covian by the side of the road he would take him home and take care of him like a little puppy. I think this guy should be classed as a national security risk.

Nadya also stood by the moongate, She loves Covians too. The Yewish used to chase her out of town. She nay say much else.

I left the group and headed to the Swaggers to gather drunken information (the easiest way of getting anyone to talk!). To my surprise the Swaggers was closed for refurbishment!

I met a kind man called Devante Stirling. He believes that even though we fight we are still friends.  He would consider us friends now. He believes we are confused also (a common trait I am seeing here). He is unsure if we are friends with them. He informed me of how we aided the Yewish and attacked them (I must have been busy that day). I asked him if he saw a Covian drowing in the sea would be aid him, he replied ''Aye''.

The common feeling I am getting is they wish to be friends with us but they are unsure how we feel about them, we seem to be sending mixed messages. Perhaps a mission of diplomacy is required or perhaps its best to make them feel unsure. I nay know, after all I am no diplomat.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being peaceful and 10 being hostile I find Vesper to be a 2. They have shown they are friendly towards us be the uncertainty could cause future conflicts.

Signed,
Faden Wildheart
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:18:42 pm by Faden » Logged

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:37:04 pm »

Above is the new Ballard I have created.

Signed,
Faden Wildheart

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:08 pm »

Well done Faden, seems you are very keen indeed to enter the scouts with the speed and efficiency in which you have completed your tasks.  I look forward to handing you your greens once I return back to duty.

*signed*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:40:22 pm »

Well done Lad, Ye perfomed yer tasks well and I thin ye will make a foine addition to the Scouts. Seek me out once you recieve yer green ehh!

Signed Officer Cadet Kal ShadowHand

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length