Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:47:54 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Trial ~ Xavier Cage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Trial ~ Xavier Cage  (Read 2053 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:27:50 pm »

Greetings Recruit,

I hear ye are an aspiring Scout eh? Hmm... I have just the job fer yer trials...

Sneak into Despise and assassinate the following:

~ 4 Ogre Lords
~ 4 Titans
~ 4 Cyclops

Also bring back 5,000 coins and post a full report below.

Good luck Cage.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 05:41:12 pm »

Report: Recruit Trial~Xavier Kage

Upon receiving my orders I first checked and restocked my kit. I then headed for Despise. In the past I had often hunted Ogre Lords in Despise and was not worried much about having to kill four of them.

'pon reaching the dungeon I entered and immediately took to the shadows, bypassing many lesser beasts in search of Ogre Lords. Soon enough I found tracks that lead me to a Ogre Lord off by itself. I lit a torch and jammed it into the ground and quickly moved back into some deep shadows. The Ogre Lord, seeing the light, came to investigate.

Once it was in range I opened fire with my crossbow. Using the stalagmites, flowstone and rocks as cover I continued to shoot the Ogre Lord until it finally fell. After looting it I set of in search of three more. Using the same tactics I eventually dropped three more.[/i]

I then made my way deeper into the dungeon in search of titans and cyclops. It was not long before I came upon two titans milling about in a cavern. I was able to lead one off and eventually kill it, though I did take a fair beating from the beasts spells.

Going back after the second titan I had seen I ran into my first cyclops. Though faster then the ogre lords I was able to employee the same tactics to drop it. I found the second titan only to fall unconcious from the onslaught of it's spells. Upon regaining conciousness I found the beast had thought me dead and looted my gold and bandages.

Not willing to lose all I had gained up to this point I found the titan and began to hit-and-run against it. Taking a shot then ducking around a corner of the passageway before it could unleash a spell on me....for the most part it worked and I eventually kileld the titan and regained my lost items.

I delved deeper looking for more titans. At first I only found more cyclops which I was able to drop one by one until I had exceded by quota. I eventually found two more titans together in a small caver filled with stone pillars, near a pond.

I lead one away, and being somewhat more cautious, I was able to defeat it and the fourth one without further loss of conciousness.

I made my way back to Cove and dropped off a bag, with the gold and a book in it explaining what task it was for, with the quarter-master in the barracks.

Monsters Assassinated:

~ 4 Ogre Lords
~ 4 Titans
~ 6 Cyclops

Gold recovered for the Covian Coffers:

7341!

*Neatly Signed*

~Xavier Kage~

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 05:58:58 pm »

Excellent work Cage!

You'll be a Watchman soon enough.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length