Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:49:32 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Orcish Artifacts Seized
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Orcish Artifacts Seized  (Read 1662 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:28:01 pm »

Attended by:

Raiden, Commander. (leading)
Falconheart, Junior Guardsman. (donated 6,000)
Faden Wildheart, Junior Scout. (donated 6,000)
Me'an Silen, Watchman.
Xavier Cage, Guardsman Recruit. (donated 6,000)

As I gathered the men outside the barracks to my dismay I realised they were all bloody twig flickers! And to make matters worse, all of them were sneaky twig flickers ter boot! I would have to supply the heavy infantry support on our mission into the orc mines all by myself! Fortunately Falc' arrived just as we were departing so we would have a heavy archer too.

We made our way into the orc caverns of the Tolagal valley. Orc attacks have been on the rise again so it was time to give them a lesson at source. We ventured slowly from cavern to cavern, slaughtering any greenskin that crossed our path. The deeper we went the stiffer the orc's resistance but we made it to their armoury and mining operations.

I set some charges against strange orcish machines. Whether they were meant for war or industry I nay know. What I do know is that I blew 'em ter bits. With the echoes of the explosions still ringing around the cavern Falconheart came running to report that he'd found something of an orcish treasure trove.

We stuffed our pockets full of coins and gems and our packs with ingots of gold and silver along with a couple of curious items that seemed like orcish artifacts. Now was time to leave and so we made our fighting withdraw back through the cave system, releasing several poor buggers whom the orcs had held captive.

Once back in Cove we dished out the loot and Aliryl who was waiting for us at the barracks took a cursory look at the trophies we had returned with. Her conclusion was that we had found the most finely crafted orcish bow she had ever seen. The weapon bore some markings that she could not translate. She also claimed that we had recovered a helm belonging to a mighty orc war boss. Again she had not seen one just as ornate as this.

I dismissed the men and called for Cove's finest scholars to inspect these orcish artifacts. It turns out they did indeed belong to some orcish chieftan of note, revered in the region of Tolagal and he was also an Ushatar? of a warband allied with undead known as the Twilight Legion... This legendary greenskin's name...? Bumhug!

Only in Yew could such a name be found...

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length