Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:24:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Watchman Duties
| | | |-+  Watchman Duty ~ Recruitment Supplies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Watchman Duty ~ Recruitment Supplies  (Read 12766 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:02:21 pm »

Gah! The recruitment pouch runnin' low again?

Recruitment is a never ending task and the demand for materials such as leaflets and runes is high... Guardsmen are recruited, some live and some die... We need more.

~ Copy 30 leaflets.
~ Or mark 30 runes for the barracks.
~ Supply 100 torches.
~ Supply 500 of each coloured cloth.
~ Take a sketch of you handing over these replies to stores.
~ Write a short report of your efforts with sketches below and see to it the supplies find their way into the recruitment pouch.

This task may be completed by Watchmen.
This task may only be completed once per character.

Commander's comments: Be sure ter mark yer runes in the shadow of the buildings around the barracks. I nay like folk appearin' out o' thin in right before my eyes.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:37:49 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

Report: Recuitment Supplies

Checking the board for assignments I saw that we needed recruitment supplies. Knowing how important banners were I decided that this would be a good task to take on.

I decided to take the moongate to the city of Zento on the island of Makato-Jima. I enjoy visiting the city as it has many unusual sights to behold, and the people are friendly, plus the weather is rather nice there this time of year.

I purchased thrity blank leaflets and a one hundred torches from the provisioner shop there and then settled myself down comfortably so I could begin copying the recuitment leaflets.

After I had finished my last leaflet I headed back to the barracks to drop them off, stopping on my way to knock some sense into a few roving bandits near the church.

I noticed the supply of cloth was also rather low so I traveled back to Zento and paid a visit to the weaver there. Once my order was complete I once again headed back to Cove, dyed the cloth the proper color and placed both piles into the recruitment supply pouch.

(Sketches of my task)

*Signed*

~Xavier Kage~
Mori
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »

Now that Mary has teached me to read and write, I finaly can do this! I hope...
I went and bougt thirty clean papers and started to scribble the leaflets to them. Took me while to do this as some yarichin came and disturped me and Captain was yelling something at the same time, hopefully not to me. Well I eventually managed to write them all. I handed the bag of leaflets to Captain as the supply bag was full.

Some scetches from the writing

-Tsukiyomi Mori -
Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:59:11 am »

Sir,

I took my axe and chopped away, 'till I got enough useable wood to shave down into torches. I added one hundred and fifty torches to the supplies.

*SIGNED*
              Keane Wakefield

Larinya Angalae
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:50 pm »

Ruby Whalebiter
Cheesecake
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:47:15 pm »

Ruby Whalebiter
Cheesecake
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:40 pm »

Ruby Whalebiter
Cheesecake
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:48 pm »

Ruby Whalebiter
Cheesecake
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 09:08:21 pm »

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 02:01:00 pm »

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 04:53:59 pm »

I saw this task and figured I might as well do it and was I glad I did it at the right time took me a bit long cause I ran into some things along the way, the recruitment supplies had gone completely empty! I even went as far as updating our flyers which had some out-dated pigeon numbers of command who are not around these days and I updated the flyers with the current Covian command.

I went to the one place where I could get all this in one trip, Luna.. I bought the supplies I needed and forgot cloth for the banners, so I searched and rummaged through some of the homes and buildings in Cove and got in trouble for it, had to run ten lapse.

So I stumbled on back to Luna later on and bought 100 torches and re-supplied the cloth..

In the end I re-stocked:

100 torches
100 of each color of cloth
40 flyers

A few sketches of my task

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*signed*

Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Graum Trolle
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:16:56 am »

Recruitment is a very important part of the army, and having just been recruited myself one I feel quite strongly about, so this is a perfect task for me. I've heard that Arcanists do a fair bit of writing, what with their spellbooks and all, so I figured it'd be a good idea to try and work on improving my own handwriting at the same time.

I asked around in Cove for a place to acquire books and writing materials, and while no one could give a very specific answer, many did suggest that the library in Moonglow would be the best place to go. Having never gone to Moonglow before I figured it'd be a good learning experience, and set off to the Moongate...

After asking around in town for a bit I finally found some directions of where I needed to go, and so I set off through the forest to the northwest of Moonglow, to the great library.

Once inside I made my way to one of the large inside sections of the library, walled with bookshelves and with piles of books all over both tables and floors (which was not my fault at all). With the help of one of the scribes who worked there I was soon on my way, copying leaflet after leaflet, until I lost all feeling in my writing hand.

Eventually I was done with it all though, and with a heavy bag of books slung over my shoulder I made my way back to Cove again. My hand was numb, my brain full of nothing but recruitment texts, yet my heart-... No, just tired really.

Signed,
Graum Trolle,
Watchman
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 09:36:58 pm »

It was early in the morn and I couldn't sleep. I began writing up some up to date recruitment books to distribute later myself upon the hotspots of Britannia.

Recruits are few, as of late. I hope this endeavour will help advance a new surge of guardsmen.

Early morning scribbling.

Dermott Eason
Watchman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Aleri Briggs
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:41 am »

Rekruitment Surplys - 27/06/2011

Oh noe! After al mi hard werk recruting, mi suplies have run low! Time to recock! restok!

Lowe suplies? Time too get busy!

I desided to take a tripp to Lunar first, an visit the lokal taylor there, but sheesh! What a ripeoff!

8 gold peces?! Never againe!

Ahah! Mi good frend Cellia the taylor in Britan, she'll give mi a good deel! And of coarse, she doesn't fayl mi againe!

5 gold peces, much beter!

Nowe for the slightli...mesy...parte...
If you notised the strange blak and Covian biege tinte on the suply room flor, it DEFENTIATELY was NOTT me...yes...

Aleri NOTT makin a mess of things!

A jobe wel done and redy for maor reckruiting! Yarr!

Time for maor freshies!

Aleri Bregs Briggs,
Wachman
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:15:36 am by Aleri Briggs » Logged
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 10:45:55 pm »

When I saw we had next to no flyers I went out to get supplies to copy some since I carry a flyer of my own I was able copy from that instead of relying that there'd be a flyer left to copy.  After getting the supplies I sat down at the barracks and got to work.

A good fifteen minutes of writing and a few frustrating ink blots later I was done. I'd copied thirty flyers and put them in a bag but seeing as it'd be more of a hassle to put all the flyers in the existing bag than just switching the bags and putting the six or seven remaining flyers in the bag I'd filled.

*Signed*
Fritz Segur Watchman
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length