Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 11:37:42 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Is War Now Waged On Wives?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is War Now Waged On Wives?  (Read 1739 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:43 pm »

Still aching from the previuous night's battle I made my way to the barracks. At least tonight would be a night of relaxation at the baths being held in Cove town, a chance to soak these old muscles and regain a little strength fer the challenges ter come.

With nayone milling about I entered the tavern. Kal was in there laid up after falling foul of some bugger. Serves him bloody right fer goin' off on his own. Some Vesperian lass who keeps hangin' about came to fetch me to the hospital... RAILEN HAD BEEN ATTACKED!

I entered, calling her name just as the surgeon was finishing up. She'd been attacked from the shadows by someone believed to be of the Collegium. Insane bastards, like the Vesperians. Wagin' war on wives 'cos they nay have the bottle ter come after the husbands.

The wound thankfully was nay deep nor by a blade that was too tainted. The babe growing inside Railen had been unaffected by the assault and was safe. I have that ter be thankful fer at least. Vesper defiled Darts dead wife. The Drow and now the Collegium are behind cowardly attacks on mine. S'nay war... S'just cheap. And they will pay heavily.

Railen was well enough for us to retreat to the tavern and more pleasant surroundings. Kal was still inside but acting a little strangely around me. He soon got up and left and Rai' suggested I go after him and find out his troubles.

As I left the tavern I caught a glimpse of a dark robe out of the corner of my eye and my hand soon loosened my mace from my belt. My would be attacker shouwed himself and invited me to put my weapon down. Although I was in plain dress and nay had my heater I declined and so he attacked.

I drew him away from Railen in the tavern and soon managed to bring him down, getting blood all over my best shirt in the process. Hoagie and Swift soon appeared on the scene after hearing the commotion and Railen warily set out from the tavern to find me.

Our prisoner matched the description of my wife's attacker but he would nay give a name, name his employers nor the reason fer his attacks under questioning. He even made another attempted to harm Railen so I smashed 'im in the face and stamped on his balls before Hoagie sent him packing.

Hopefully now we could enjoy the rest of our evening in peace... Hopefully...

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 04:48:00 pm »

{ Limps by and stops to read the report }

Damn! I am truely sorry about this Ser, My Legs are taking their time to heal. I am able for lite duty and I will keep an eye on Miss Railen when I see her walking alone or even with you Ser. I knew these blokes would be trouble from the first day they showed up. Miss Railen or any Civilian will be protected with my Life if need be.

Signed Officer Cadet Kal ShadowHand

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length