Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 03:31:13 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadiers and Besiegers Joint Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadiers and Besiegers Joint Training  (Read 1594 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:08:05 am »

What: Grenadiers and Besiegers Joint Training
Where: North of Stonekeep

Leading:
- Torrak Keres, Grenadier Sergeant
- Sineal Walker, Besieger Corporal

Attending:
- Marcus Tel'var, Junior Grenadier
- Delferium, Junior Grenadier
- Rita Whalebiter, Recruit (Grenadier hopeful, being mentored by me whether she likes it or not)
- Tommy Nottinbury, First Besieger
- Alexander Fraser, Veteran Besieger

After the utter failure of the combined might of the Baron's Own Grenadiers and the Yewish Besiegers to protect the corpse of Tanya Dart from the Vesperians, it was decided between myself and Yew's Corporal Walker that the Grenadiers and Besiegers need to be able to work together more effectively. Therefore, at 7:00pm, an hour before parade, myself, two Grenadiers, and Recruit Whalbiter (who is seeking to join the Grenadiers), met up with three of Yew's Besiegers in Stonekeep.

From there, we went north to a training ground constructed to simulate the urban areas of the Vesperian Republic - comprised of islands covered in a maze of Urban sprawl, separated by wide canals, and connected by narrow bridges. We began with a round of Besieger vs. Grenadier, which the Grenadiers won. After this, we tried it again, but with the Baron's Own on the attack.

At this point, Junior Grenadier Tel'var got a bit overeager and charged off without orders. I rushed to stop him, but the Besiegers charged and cut us off from the bridge. Grenadier Tel'var did not stop, and was quickly knocked down. Being separated from Whalebiter and Buttons, I was also knocked down - the Besiegers proceded to claim the victory.

For the third round, Walker and I decided to allow each other to take command of each others' squads for a round. He took command of Whalebiter and Buttons, while I took up with Nottibury and Fraser. Tel'var had to leave at this point. During the fight, both Walker and I were cut down (its good to see our men fear us!), and afterwards Buttons and Whalebiter were cut down after a valiant stand I didnt see what happened next.

We finished up with a 2v2v2 round of capture-the-flag;
- Walker and Keres
- Fraser and Whalebiter
- Nottinbury and Buttons

Needless to say, the two Officers prevailed (despite having been beaten down, we captured the other two teams' flags)!

While overall the Grenadiers could've shown more discipline and intelligence (Buttons was carrying on about his horrible Tokunese kitchen knife), they performed fairly well for Juniors. Recruit Whalebiter performed excellently, at times withstanding the assault of all three Besiegers and not giving up so much as an inch of ground.

As for behavior towards the Yewish, both the Grenadiers and Besiegers were refreshingly respectful towards one another. Walker and I agree that a similar training should be carried out later this week, and I'll be discussing  plans with Walker for something more...dangerous.

*Signed*
Sergeant Torrak Keres
Baron's Own Grenadiers

One Training Point OR One Guardsman Duty awarded to those who attended.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length