Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:34:26 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrol of Good Will
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patrol of Good Will  (Read 1853 times)
Vincent
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:45:28 am »

Patrol of Good Will
When: 13.07.2009
Where: Cave complex in the Serpent's Spine (Despise)

Commanding Officer: Vincent, Guardsman Recruit

Guardsmen in attendance:
- Rita Whalebiter, Watchman (Guardsman Recruit at the time of patrol)
- Kelban Longlief, Guardsman Recruit

(Sorry for bad spelling in "drawings")

During my off time I decided to explore the area to the north of Britain. After some time I have found this cave complex running deep under the mountains. The locals told me that it is a vile place and the guards do not venture inside. Being a little curious i went in and was appaled - the whole complex was infested with different beasts, waiting for the right time to come out and slaughter everything in their path.

So I decided to take the matter into Covian hands and ran stright to Cove to gather a patrol (with a little visit to New Heaven but that was nothing interesting - really). There I found Rita. She immediately agreed.
In front of the barracs we met Watchman Silen who "persuaded" Kelban to join and gave us a valuable tip - before venturing out make shure that Covian lands themselves are secure. After the I briefed Kelban on our mission and we set of to the wytchgate killing anything hostile in our path (unfortunatly we met no vesperians).

We travelled to the area near Britain city and the went North. During that time Kelban, showing his elven heritage, went out os sight many times - only to appear seamingly out of thin air some time later.

At last we arrived to the entrance of the complex. After checking our torches we went in. The first underground level gave us no problems - only Ettins and some walking Earth piles (Rita was clever enough to suggest taking some fertile dirt from them for planting them wytch-seeds). There were many of them - yes, if they'd joined together we would be beaten - but they were all over the place in small groups. In fact it was so easy that someone started to whine about wasting his honed half-elven skills.

But it all changed when we went further in - to the second underground level. At first we were greeted by some Trolls whom we dispached rather quickly but then we entered this huge underground cavern with what looked like a lake in the middle. The moment we entered we were assaulted with stench and sounds which ment only one thing - Ogres. And we met them.. lots of them.. including including not one but four Ogre Lords. Many times some of us went out of fight only to return again. In the end we prevailed and killed those vile spawn of the Guardian. On our way back we decided to inspect an adjusting tunnel where we found some Ettins again.Venturing further we heard some weird language and after passing a corner we saw them - cyclopses. We attacked them without second thoughs and countinued on cautiously - for we knew where are cyclopses there are their masters Titans. And we found one.. a rather weak one becouse he fell down quicker then cyclopses. Hearing some stories about titans alledged immortality i choped it's head off for good measure.

After that we turned around and continued towards surface - our mission done.
At the barracs i deliverd a small speech about our valor and good deeds that will definitely bring more respect to Cove, for we in fact helped those whom we had no obligation to protect.
Unfortunately not all of us shared my thoughs...

After dissmissing Rita and Kelban I've brough what we'd taken from the caves to coffers...

*signed*
Vincent, Guardsman Recruit

[OOC]-(Sorry for any mistakes)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:36:17 am »

Well done recruit. S'good ter see the lower ranks showin' some initiative.

Damn fine report too!

Ever considered a career in the Grenadiers lad?

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length