Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:51:09 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  Bailiff's tasks:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bailiff's tasks:  (Read 4493 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:39:22 am »

Auribus Tenere Lupum

By order of the Baron, you are hereby ordered to collect outstanding taxes from the following establishments and individuals:

The Goblin
The Forge and Loom
Holzfee Logging Company
Penny Freckletip

The amounts owed and the methods of extraction are left to your discretion.

*Signed flamboyantly*

Octiovus Von Richter
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:54:13 am by Octiovus » Logged

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:06:01 am »

*A report placed on the desk of the Baron of Cove, a neatly folded letter, inside is found a note, attached with some sketches*

My liege, today myself and my associates took on the noble task of serving your household in the manner which you have hired me to do, getting tax off the local citizens, starting with a Spud Goodsoup.

I am ashamed to say this crettin, My liege, insulted your good name by saying you do not pay him enough for the taxes to be as high as they are. I took it upon myself to teach him not to speak ill of your name, I hope I have not overstepped my bounds, but as you did specificy, force would be neccesary if required. I do hope you understand my reasons, My liege and agree what was done was a fitting punishment to the way he insulted upon the way you lead Cove economically.

The shillings have been placed in the office, fourteen hundred shillings, all acounted for. If you wish for me to deliver it personally I shall come to you any time you deem worth your while. I hope this letter and notice finds you in good health My lord, and I am sure the coin will help to solve any ailments which might otherwise make you un well. Thank you for taking the time to read your humble servants Letter.

Kiran, Bailiff of Cove

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:32:54 pm »

Good work, Bailiff. I shall note the Forge and Loom debt as repaid. Set about recovering the other outstanding payments.

*Signed flamboyantly*

Octiovus Von Richter

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:38:12 pm »

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:25:01 am »

*A small note attached at the buttom*

My liege. I have gathered a small group of people whom will work as tax collectors for your noble household on behalf of you from my own coins earned. I hope this is acceptable of course, and I have if by your permision of course, set up a official uniform for these men, so they can be regonised in Cove when doing your important work.

My liege, I hope the coins as mentioned find you in good health, and if any concerns with the way in which I conduct your buisness is bothering you, I am always to be at your disposal to discuss other options.

Yours in humble servitude.

Kiran, Bailiff of Cove.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:44:29 pm »

Our baron and liege has permitted me to award you the sum of 80 shillings for the work you have completed so far bailiff. He also asks me to remind you that many taxes still remain outstanding.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Nobleman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 03:01:03 am »

Auribus Tenere Lupum

Excellent work thus far, Bailiff. The debt from the Green Goblin is considered paid. The absence of tax from Penny and the Holzfee Logging Company is a cause of grave concern, however.

Further individuals due for taxation are as follows:

Anna Jones
Mary Salle
Suzy Fairweather

*Signed flamboyantly*

Octiovus Von Richter

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length