Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:24:54 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [PR] Any Good With A Quill? Covian News Reporters Needed!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [PR] Any Good With A Quill? Covian News Reporters Needed!  (Read 1568 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:30 pm »

Consider yourself good with a quill? Do you have a way with words and a little time on your hands? If so the life of a Covian News/Covetowne Gazette reporter could be just the thing for you!

Unfortunately time constraints on the Command team and myself especially mean that news articles aren't posted as often as we would like so we're looking for one or two people to report items of interest from everyday Covian life in the Covetowne Gazette thread on the IC board and also in the Tome News section of the forums that gets displayed on our website's homepage.

Ideally candidates will:

~ Have good writing ability (obviously) and be able to use the forum's spellchecker. Wink
~ Be able to take screenshots, crop them and add a 1 pixel white border to them. Each news article must contain at least one cropped and bordered image.
~ Be an active Covian, whether it be in the army, citizenry, church or whatever.

What's in it for successful candidates?

~ Each news article posted will count towards your reports promotional requirements if you are a guardsman or will be worth 25 shillings if you are a civilian.
~ A title such as News Reporter or Gazette Reporter if you are a civilian and you would like it. Unfortunately we can't change your title if you are a guardsman but you will be allowed out of uniform to conduct any IC interviews.
~ You'll obviously be well placed for consideration for the Golden Quill accolade.
~ Last but by no means least you'll have the respect and thanks from not only myself and the Command Team but your fellow guildmates too for taking on these duties.

There's so much going in Cove everyday that is news worthy. From the army being victorious on the battlefield to Covians enjoying a tavern night, to assassination attempts on notable characters, heroic hunting expeditions, promotions and awards or markets and other civic events.

It'd be a shame not to tell everyone about it. Wink

If you are interested please send me a PM via the forums.

Cheers,

Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:44:51 am »

I love anyone who'll do this for me. I really dont have time.  Cry

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:00 am »

These positions are still open chaps.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »

Can i write it?! Tongue
Muahahaha your own newspaper would be anti Cove and full of bears and bearmasks!

Miles Steadfast
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:23:46 pm »

I would help except I'm not active until september, if the position is still open then I'll apply seriously. (I have Photoshop CS4 Extended, if that helps)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length