Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:12:36 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Horsing about
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Horsing about  (Read 1692 times)
Tan Bloodmist
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:16:23 pm »

It is that time of year when the horses come and break down the fences of good Covian farmers, trampling their crops and eating their livelihood’s. Depriving us all of fresh vegetables’.

So off we went for the yearly cull, “keep the numbers of those foul beasts down” was the ironic order from Kas Valentine. Off we marched to Umbra looking for “Spirit Wind” or the black horse as I like ter call it. It was not long till we found and felled one of the beasts removing its head as a trophy and to use for a quite special and uniquely acquired tasting Covian Equestrienne soup.

Then it was off again to find “Fire Spirit” or the red horse to us simpler folk. Quickly locating it we stuck out at it, Cor’Vani was kicked viciously in the head and fell lifeless. I, believing he had been slain struck out with such anger at the beast as to sever its head while it still breathed. I then returned to where I thought I had left Cor’Vani but there was no trace of him. I searched quickly in the surrounding area and came across a pack of hellish hounds that chased me from the lair. So I report with great sadness that Cor’Vani is missing presumed dead.

I returned to the barracks with the sad news and was met by fellow recruit Kelban, who consoled me and gave me the assurance that if Cor’Vani had met his fate that it was a soldiers death and something to celebrate. We chatted a while and he agreed to come and help me finish the now dispiriting task.

Off we set for the head of a Unicorn, Kelban seemed to be a very adept tracker and we picked up the tracks of one quickly, and caught it unawares, brought it down as quick as an Ale after training.

The final creature that needed our attention is known locally as “the devils pony” some folk further afield call it a Ki-Rin. Off we trotted again into some dank place, this time t’was not as easy to track Kelban said due to the moisture in the air. We came to its lair after much searching and where surprised by some foul gold poison vapour that knocked us both out. We both awoke with splitting headaches but none the worse for wear. Quickly eliminated the last on our list and returned post haste to the barracks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length