Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:42:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  *Copy of a letter*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Copy of a letter*  (Read 1817 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:08:51 am »

Greetings My liege.

Today something nearly disasterous occured. As I was to send off the coins collected via the Bailiff taxes a man beset me and tried to  empty the Covian taxe box. However a near disaster was averted as your local guardsmen came to my rescue, however the attempt was a rather brutal and frightening one, my liege, and I am rather disturbed this might not be the last attempt. However your precious tax coins are safe my lord, I am having my man, Sabal, transfer the funds safely to your estate, I am hopeful your aide or house hold men shall recieve it.

I merely wished to send you a letter to inform you also of the great work of one of your household guard, a Grenadier by the name of Darek. I know as they are your household guards and responsible for your safety, that they are some of the finest soldiers in Cove if not Sosaria, however the bravery this Grenadier showed in tackling the man was sensational. Taking the blow directed for me himself and ripping the weapon from the would be assailant he must have saved my life, and I am most gratified that such men are at your disposal.

I was hoping perhaps you could, if time permits, my lord, make a note of his bravery? He was not only responsible for saving your tax coins, but sparing a old man a most awful death. it is merely a thought and of course left to your discretion.

I hope as always this reaches you in good health, my lord, and as always your humble servant is ready to do your bidding.

Yours in gratitude and relief.

Kiran, Bailiff of Cove, Baron Household.

I have taken the liberty of hireing a sketch artisttto draw what I recall from the incident.

PS. I took the liberty of letting a sketch artist draw of what I remembered of the evening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it be best to inform you, brothers, of what occured this eve, this is a letter I have send to the Baron of Cove, hopefully he shall see that perhaps more guards can be spared for the "taxes" And perhaps make me a more important man in this Covian beauocrocacy.

It seems due to my status as a Baron householdian I am given the right to have Grenadiers protect me, this could be useful indeed.

I just thought I want you, it seems from what the Corporal of the scouts presume, this man Smith has gone "rogue" and is currently not working for Jierdan... I am unsure to her sources, so is Olchafa whom work with the unit. However it could be true, so when Jierdan comes this thursday to the Goblin, as I hope his invitation has arrived, I want no one to approach or try and intimidate him, I shall have you answer to me if you do...

I do hate making such threats, my dear brothers. On a good note, they did not suceed this robbery, atleast..

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length