Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:58:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Here to stay!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Here to stay!  (Read 4177 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:38:36 am »

Hey guys,

I've been worried lately that I'd have to pack all internetly goodness in. Just got to Uni so didn't know if I'd have shocking internet with every site blocked, or even worse - no internet at all.

Turns out me and everyone in my block has managed to get internet in with the weekly price of the accommodation! Cheesy And it's WELL FAST. Unfortunately for you lot, looks like you're gonna be having to tolerate a lot more of me in the future!

Here's a bonus pic!

Rach/Kelly

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:01 am »

Hoorah! Its WAY nicer than my university accomodation was.. AND i had internet problems! YOU WIN!
x

Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:38:29 pm »

Jesus fupping Christ, that's your halls of res!?

Where are you going, the University of St. Rich Bastard?!

My halls of res were - no exaggeration here - a former young offenders institute! Breeze block city!

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:30:58 pm »

Your computer chair is identical to mine.

I demand the schematics of your replicator.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:27:41 am »

Welcome back Sarge. Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 03:50:13 am »

Hoorah! I should be attending College soon myself, cant afford a university I don't think. . .  But that is mint accomodation, beats a barracks for damned certain. Oh but why so much pink? You couldnt do Red, or Black, or Covian Shadow and Tan!?

Shes jointed the pink brigade boys! Light yer arrows!

hehe

Good to have ye back Sarg.

- Marcus K.

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 02:19:26 pm »

My halls were designed by a swedish designer who used to do the designs for Scandinavian prisons *blink*

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:33:44 pm »

Well that's only half of my room haha! There's an en-suite behind on the right (from the angle of that pic) and a massive wardrobe/radiator... The bathroom is a wet room which is pretty mint.

It's like £94 a week.. But I think that's pretty good because the internet and house insurance is included in that, as well as all the bills! The communal kitchen is massive too and there's only like six of us here. Two sinks, two toasters, tonnes of cupboard space. I'm also on the ground floor! Cheesy

I'm doing Art so we got given our "spaces" yesterday too.. Means I don't have to cover my room in paint and lose my deposit. It's like a whole other room for the 3 years on the art department. Quite impressed so far! They're doing like a "cops and robbers" theme tonight though fancy dress and I think it's tacky. So not going to that. Been out 3 nights on the trot anyway, need a break. I'm a wussy lightweight.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 05:37:16 pm »

So good to have you back you sexy biatche!
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 05:47:13 pm »

94?! Christ a fucking live.

That's like £25 more than I was paying for my prison cell, to be fair. Your loan cover the lot?

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 05:57:01 pm »

University halls seem to be a carbon copy of each other! Did you literally take your entire room from home to uni with you??

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 06:10:45 pm »

94?! Christ a fucking live.

That's like £25 more than I was paying for my prison cell, to be fair. Your loan cover the lot?

Lol. Well it's £300 out of my loan, but I have a grant of £2,900 coming in late October hopefully, which I can use. Also, I just turned 18 so I have a bit left over from that to tide me over. It is a lot of money I know, but so far it's worth every penny.

University halls seem to be a carbon copy of each other! Did you literally take your entire room from home to uni with you??

It turned out my mum and stepdad decided they were moving house 2/3 days after I moved into Uni, and they actually got their keys on the same day. So yeah, I basically packed my entire room up and they're just taking the boxes that I really don't need (keepsake stuff) into the garage in the new house Smiley

John Dell:

John Dell:
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 06:31:35 pm »

Was there the option of bog standard, non-en-suite and you picked the fancy pants for extra dough? Tongue

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 06:50:05 pm »

I can't stand the idea of sharing a bathroom with people who aren't my family. Just can't do it, makes me cringe. My parents were the ones that said I should have the superior en-suite one, because of the space I need for the subject I'm doing. There were loads of options. Some were like £60-£75 a week. But they were double rooms and the Town Houses, which you share a kitchen with 12 people and a bathroom with 1 other.

I share with 5 others. Smiley

John Dell:

John Dell:
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 07:11:39 pm »

Pah, weakling! En suite fancy pants is only half way to real student hood!

It's not like you literally have to share the shower a la football team.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length