Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:47:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  TASK: Wytch Hunters - An ecumenical matter - Prologue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TASK: Wytch Hunters - An ecumenical matter - Prologue  (Read 2711 times)
Roland Dagorian
Covian Church
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:02:54 pm »

*Addressed only to the Wytch Hunters*

Wytch Hunters of Cove,

A message hath been received from a Father Yves du Bois, informing us that he hath been called to fill the position of Bishop of Cove.  As Father Cornelius Rege hath already filled this position, I find it curious.  The letter did come from Empath Abbey, where Father du Bois hath been cloistered for some years.  He is unknown to me and I find it difficult to believe he doth not know of Father Rege's ascension to Bishop. 

Thy task is to venture forth to Empath Abbey and speakest to an old mentor of mine, Father Hubert d'Ervain.  Give Father d'Ervain my regards and enquiry with him as to this Father du Bois.  Speakest with full respect; Thou shalt be speaking with a Father in regards to another Father.  But discover this Father d'Ervain's purpose in coming to Cove and if indeed he doth know of Father Rege. 

Father du Bois may already have left.  Thou mayest use the portals to speed thine arrival.  Thou mayest mortify thine own flesh after in penance.  But I wish answers before this Father du Bois doth arrive in Cove.

Thou mayest take with thee other Wytch Hunters and Church Guardsmen for protection.  But avoid notice of the Yewish if thou canst.  Submit a full report to me of thy findings.  Trouble not the Bishop or the Templar Preceptor with this matter.

Dominus vobiscum,

Roland Dagorian
Templar

(OOC: This is open to all Wytch Hunters, including those recruited from the Guard and citizenry.  ICQ me when ready to do this task)
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »

Father Roland! I Wytch Hunter Cor'Vani of the Avatarian faith hath taken on the task of seeking information on one Father Yves du Bois as requested. I made my way to the Empath Abbey and saught out one Father Hubert d' Ervain.

After finding him Praying brfore and Ankh I politely asked if he was Father Hubert. He stood up after a moment and turned to me replying, yes I am and who mith thee be? I told him who I was and he stood there looking at me for a moment then ask what I needed.

I then asked him about Father du Bois and if he was true to the Avatarian Faith. He told me that Father du Bois was a long....hard laboured man within the walls of the Abbey and unflinching in carrying out the Lords will.

Father Hubert told me that he heard thet the Church of Cove hath distanced it's self from the Yewish Teachings, and that Father du Bois seeks to displace the current Bishop Cornelius and take his place as the new Covian Bishop binding the Covian Church back to the Yewish Church and it's ways.

One of his main purposes is to find out weather or not if the Church recruiting non templi such as my self is a act of heresy or not. If he does deem it so he will place alot of men and women to the Pyer. Father du Bois is a most rigid man.

Father Hubet told me to warn you of Father du Bois and to trust in the Avatar to show his will in time.

Father it is true that I am an Elf. But I do follow the Avatars will and I do fear him so. If this Father du Bois does show that he hates my kind as most do, I fear that I may have to leave Cove never to return. I do the Avatars work as I am dirrected and without fail or without question.

Signed Wytch Hunter: Cor'Vani

Roland Dagorian
Covian Church
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:22:27 pm »

Wytch Hunter Cor'Vani,

A troubling report.  I shall pray on this matter. 

Dominuis vobiscum,

Roland Dagorian
Templar

Cor'Vani has earned 10 Church Regard
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length