Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:17:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  [Commoner Trial] Maccen Korten
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Commoner Trial] Maccen Korten  (Read 4626 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:50 am »

Maccen Korten: Commoner’s Trial

The following trial has been compiled from tasks which you have conveyed yourself skilful in the past. They are also in cases relevant to your occupation as a Tavern Bouncer.

Safety Solutions:

Vesperians have been causing disturbances as of late in the tavern, as well as other folk. Devise a plan to keep the tavern brawl-free and make and log an example of the effectiveness of your plan for one night.

Your plan must be reported alongside the findings of your night of testing your methods of a less rowdy atmosphere.

Fresh Foods:

As the Green Goblin is a place which sells food, it is always in need of fresh stock for customers. It is also in need of other materials to keep the tavern running smoothly. Go out into the forests and any other places you may wish to collect the following foods/components:

*Fish Steaks
*Eggs
*Chicken/Beef/Lamb
*Fire Wood
*Cloths or Cleaning Rags

All the above materials must be handed to a tavern barmaid, a tavern chef or the Goblin owner. All your material and food findings must be reported below.

Seeking Staff:

Write a leaflet advertising jobs within the citizenry (and the tavern inparticular) in an attempt to acquire new staff for the Goblin. If you succeed to gain applications and staff, shillings shall be awarded on-top of your Citizenship.

You must report your findings and recruitment efforts.

Good luck on these tasks my good man.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Nobleman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:40:10 am »

Task Two:
Seeing what must be done to prove I was an honest and hard working man of the Baron's people I quickly set into the country side to seek out the commodities required for the Goblin.  My first priority was fire wood, what with the winter approaching quickly. Trees fell and logs I drug away to be milled into boards, logs burn just as well as logs and weigh less too! Once I had the logs and plenty of em I traveled to Jhelom to collect wool, eggs, and tasty meats! The fields there are bountiful and unguarded generous! In a matter of hours days minutes an instant, I had what I'd come for and set out for a tailor so that I might weave the wool into wash cloth. Got quite the number of yards of cloth, enough to cloth a hundred women. . . not sure why yed want to do that sort of thing though. . . unless shes a heifer. Hrmm anyways was time for fish, and I don't mean the women who pass for barmaids down Vesper way neither. Twas fish from the Covian bay! staple of Covian diets and kittens alike! Fishing is soooo SLOW. I think I actually felt myself age! After YEARS of fishing I had finally caught enough to make a few meals out of. My list filled, and my pack horse crying under the extreme weight of my greatness! I set out to the Goblin for delivery, luckily a Miss Helen was available to help me stow the items.

*Signed*

Maccen Jepta Korten, Commoner, Baronship of Cove

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:20:26 am »

Safety Solutions: Part I

Seeing as the Goblin can be a rowdy place I sat down with Mr. Striker and proposed a new plan to him.

The plan consists of all staff having and carrying whistles while on duty. Used as a means to signal for a bouncer to make their presence known. Also bouncers are to be armed with both a weapon of choice, and a club (for when your fists won't smash em good enough.) A uniform shall be devised for Goblin Bouncers to wear that shall distinguish them from patrons yet not make them mistakable for army personal of any squad or nationality.
It was also determined that Goblin staff have no business with violence that happens more than one step off the premises. Let the army deal with that. One final note was that Mr. Striker appointed me as head of Security, an honour and title I will officially accept when I gain my Citizenship.

Our meeting was as follows:

Transcript of my meeting with ED.

A Goblin staff meeting revealing the new plan.

I plan to put our plan into action as soon as the new uniforms and weapons arrive.
*Signed*

Maccen Korten, Goblin Bouncer

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:28:42 am »

The idea of whistles is one I approve of heavily, Maccen, I am happy to approve the fifty shillings awaiting you when you next come to my office.

Also another fourty shillings is in need for your second task. I am sure the resources shall be put to good use.

Good work, Maccen.

*Signed*
Kiran, Bailif of Cove.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:01:57 pm »

My good representatives of the people, I shall in all due haste, set about to rectify the problem with Goblin staffing, I may nay work there anymore but I am certain I can swing this to a proffit for Cove in General.

*Signed*

Maccen Jepta Korten, Commoner of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »

The following is what I wrote up so far in order to find new workers for the Goblin and for Cove:

I sure hope this works and we get some find lasses. .  .

*Signed*

Maccen J Korten, Commoner of Cove

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »

I placed fliers at various moongates and then stood abouts in New Haven hollerin about how folks should join the Baronship and take one of me fliers. I also vigorously threw fliers into the winds so as to spread them about the city. . . .  I beleive a few goats may have choked and I might have killed an eagle or two. . .  .  they gave their lives so Cove might be better!

Here are some sketches!

Not a bad days work I say, sadly nobody appraoched me as Haven where rather empty. . .

*Signed*

Maccen Korten, Commoner of Cove

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length