Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:56:27 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  New title...thing.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New title...thing.  (Read 1670 times)
Morgar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:47:17 am »

So, we have full control over our titles.

What are we not to do?

I assume that paperdoll titles are pretty irrelevant, since it's only fame/karma and profession titles there.

For our character name and titles, I assume we need to keep [BoC] as opposed to any profession title as our name (the one that comes up when we come onscreen) in accordance with showing our tags at all times.

But for the subtitle (for example, mine is Junior Guardsman, Baronship of Cove) where we can instead put a profession title, are we also required to maintain our guild title?

My gut feeling is yes, but I like the idea of keeping it on whenever you can tell (I mean, in uniform, IC I have a badge with my rank on it...) but if I was off being in civvies or even undercover, being able to instead be Morgar Dyn [BoC], Grandmaster Lumberjack (or however it works) could be quite cool. I understand it's damn new so I'm not demanding answers; merely curious.
Bersi
Cove Command
Covian Regular

Wants some whiskey.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:13:11 am »

Personally, for the main title I see the [BoC] part as a must. It's not only for in-guild, but for cross-guild regulations too. As for subtitle, I'm inclined to agree that when character is out of the uniform or a civilian he can use the subtitle thing. Though person holding Bailiff, Steward or Taxman titles might want to be recognized in order to work without any complications.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13:38 am »

Yea, I wouldnt see a problem with IC take off your badge (Junior Guardsman title) when not on duty and instead choosing to show a skill profession etc Wink Just remember to put it back on when you return to duty! IMO.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length