Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 09:42:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Steward Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Steward Election  (Read 4253 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:20:09 am »

The Office of Steward of Cove is to be passed on to the candidate who receives the most votes in the coming election. The Steward has a seat reserved on the Baron's Council, Cove's governing body, and is primarily in charge of all of the following; setting and enforcing taxes, promoting and arranging international trade, the issuing of warrants for arrest, search, and/or seizure, and commonly serves as one of three members of the judiciary tribunal in criminal matters that necessitate a Trial rather than summary justice.

Election procedure and rules;
     - Any Covian may submit at most two nominations. Self-nomination is permitted. Nomination of inanimate
       objects and animals is not. Nominations should be submitted to Torrak Keres' mailbox (PM box).
     - Any person may be nominated as a candidate, including members of the Church, Citizenry, and Army.
     - The deadline for nominations is Saturday the 23rd of July. Votes will be cast at and following Parade on the 24th.

While in office, the Steward is entitled to a small number of Grenadiers as a security detail when traveling in areas believed to pose a threat to the Steward's life, or which are in some other way dangerous. The Steward of Cove may ride a Horse without purchasing a license to do so (this right is not retained upon leaving office). The Steward of Cove may, acting on the advice and consent of the rest of the Baron's Council, initiate diplomatic relations with other nations.

Term lengths and limits will be determined by a meeting of the full Council as soon as a Steward is elected.

Please consider your nominations carefully.
            Torrak Keres, Steward of Cove

Some OOC notes and tidbits;

- This is NOT a Command position, but it does have its privileges and powers on a purely IC basis.
- You do NOT have to remove your characters from other guilds upon being elected, but you WILL be removed from Office in a hilarious and potentially revolutionary manner if you're found to be neglecting your role as Steward.
- You may NOT cast a vote or nomination as more than one of your characters, for the sake of fairness.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:58 pm »

[OOC]

Just a poke, but if you have characters you're running for Steward, it might be an idea to make it public knowledge! Vaguely announcing a desire to run, and then not promoting yourself above the other candidates doesn't make much of a campaign. Tongue

[/OOC]

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »

TODAY is the LAST day for NOMINATIONS! Make sure all nominations have been sent to Torrak Keres by Midnight!

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:21:21 pm »

Nominations are in!

The names on the ballot shall be:
Mizuho Kazami
Leso Varen
Spud Goodsoup

Be sure to turn up and vote!

Nominated candidates may turn up at any point in the day to write their election promises and ideas in the books provided. Tampering with the books of other candidates is forbidden.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:30:20 pm by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:52:27 am »

Because you love Cove...
Vote Spud Goodsoup!

Ah I see the elections have actually finished! Good luck to who ever won, maybe I'll run next time.

Signed,
Spud Goodsoup
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:59:18 am by Faden » Logged

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:52:43 pm »

*Signed*

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »

*A notice penned in dark, clear handwriting, and pinned to the notice board in the town hall*

I, Torrak Keres, Steward of Cove, hereby resign the aforementioned post in favor of Mr. Leso Varen taking up his elected position. Pending approval by the Steward and Council, I will once more take up my post as Commander of the Imperial Covian Army and resume focusing my efforts on the field in which I am most experienced. I congratulate Mr. Varen on his victory in this weekend's election, and thank those who voted for making their voices heard.

Commander Torrak Keres,
Former Steward of Cove

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 01:23:50 am »

Shillings awarded:
Leso Varen: 50 (40 for running, 10 for winning)
Mizuho Kazami: 40
Spud Goodsoup: 40

*Signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length