Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 10:40:48 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Posters around the Goblin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Posters around the Goblin  (Read 1790 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:16 am »

Carefully scribed posters are pinned up at various locations around the tavern.

Home. Home is a place we all value, and for many people, home does not extend far beyond your property line. This, unfortunately, is a short sighted view. What is your home, if not shaped by its surroundings? As easy as it would be to ignore them, the your home extends far beyond the house. Everything that affects the well-being of Cove affects you. It's time to take control of your home, and make the lives of your family and friends as safe and easy as possible.

If elected as Steward... I will have no power. I will be a mouth to make sure that your views and needs are heard by the council, and a sword to make sure that they cannot be ignored.

What Cove Can Do For You

Taxation

In times of war or great strife, Cove has increased taxation on its citizens to ensure that the public needs are met. Previously, this taxation was implemented in a greatly unfair manner, leaving those not necessarily able to pay, paying the most.

I would revise the taxation system to ensure that the money comes most from those who are able to provide, and those with hardly a coin to spare are those to benefit most from this taxation, allowing for a free and fair society.

Proportional Reward

I would ensure that the citizens of Cove receive benefits proportional to their contribution to the well-being of Cove. Those who work harder will receive more payment, or additional benefits, ensuring that the majority of the wealth isn't held by bureaucrats or the lucky, but those who sweat blood and tears for the benefit of Cove.

This is of particular relevance to the military. I believe that increased funding should be directed towards those groups who need it. I would see that those branches of the military in need of funding receive it.

More personally, those guardsmen with families to look after will see that their families are cared for, with a bonus payment going to families of deceased guardsmen.

These are just a few of the changes I would like to see, but the true source of change must be from you - those who will benefit from it, and those who suffer from current unfairness.

Vote for a better life.

Nominate Leso Varen for Steward.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length