Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:36:22 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Lost notes; A memory from a day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lost notes; A memory from a day  (Read 2470 times)
Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:45:23 am »

Its cold here. The frozen tundra of the north with make any man shutter and freeze. I still keep going on though. My training up here wasnt the most smartest things I ever did, but in the end it will be worth it. I dont know what day it is nor the fact that I know what month or year, if I been that long away. The icey cold winds of the day time has nothing on the winds at night. Everyday since I have been up here I have to have three hours or so to make camp, catch my food and build a fire. If I dont then I will die. I never stay in the sameplace, though if I do its not for long.

My dreams have been, another trouble of mine. A dream about two maidens, both I know. One who was in love with me and the other I loved. But both were laughing in my face. I fell down from a cliff down to the water, though it wasnt water, fire fill the oceans, lakes, and rivers. They were there, laughing at me, watching me burn and scream. Night after night I have been having this...

But what does it mean....?

Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:55:45 am »

*writes on a peice of tanned animals skin and clips it onto a snow owl's leg.*

*(letter) " I'm coming home...   -Kien"*

I breathe in the cool morning air as i set the owl free to fly south. South, Cove, my home. Time in the mountains is soon to come to an end, my training is done. Blood boils in my veins as I think of returning. Full of energy now, i go out to hunt my morning meal. Today its going to be bear. I saw a den earlier this week full of cubs. I'll just slaugther one of them. I only need one. I suppose I could shave my beard off before I leave. Lord knows how long it really got, but not only that but how now I have some grey in it. I'm so young but already turning grey. If Ilyana were to see me, she would freak out, will I guess just seeing me would do that. I left without no one knowing. How could I face them knowing I was so weak? I could hardly hold my own in any battle. But now..... now I am stronger, I am faster.

My owl... I hope my message gets to her... gets to Ilyana...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:02:26 am by Victor Kien » Logged

Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 04:30:34 pm »

As I look around the camp and see the people that I called my family for so long I cant help but wonder how much have I really changed in life. I gazed over to the sun, mid point of noon. A hot day for this time of year, but there have been odd things happen along the way. I hoped that my message had made its way south to Ilyana. Coming back means a whole mess of new problems that I knew when I left I would have to be dealing with them.

I looked up at the sky and see something for above the cloud lines. I smiled at the creature as my eyes ajusted to the distance. I whistle sharply so the creature could hear me. Reaching my arm out and a swoop of the thing it came down landing on my forearm. I pet it gently and reached into one of my side packs and pulled out a small plump mouse. I handed it to the creature and it started to peak and eat at it. I stroke my owls head gently as it eats the mouse I gave it. I pick up my arm alittle to see the side of its foot. The message I place is gone. Good I thought, she got it then, or atleast I prayed she did. I walked over to my tent and pulled back the flaps and walked inside. I dropped my arm slowly so my owl could slowly climb up to my shoulder and rest. I walked over to my desk and sat down in a low chair and pulled out another skin and quil with ink. I rolled the skin on the table and crossed my arms and begun to think. The thought popped into my head and began to write on the skin. After it was finished I rolled the skin up and strapped it to the owls foot again. I walked outside the tent and raised my hand and told it to go. It fly away without a second thought. Such a good creature I have....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length