Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:15:34 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  Maccen's Journal - Ramblings of a thug.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Maccen's Journal - Ramblings of a thug.  (Read 4602 times)
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2010, 06:34:14 pm »

{/OOC: Just a place for me to post both my characters personal thoughts, and updates on his doings. It is simply intended as a way for me to keep track of what I'm doing IC. . what the character knows compared to my own RL knowledge and also as entertainment for the lot of you. Cheers mates./end}

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »

Maccen walked into the office, unlocked. . .  He pulled a twelve inch, slightly curved blade wit ha handle made of deer antler from his belt. He'd been gone awhile. . .  people had vanished, others had died. Today he would not be his day he said to himself as he took a deep breath and pushed in the door, creeping into the room first then leaping in off hand out defensively, knife in close. The shadows danced momentarily as the sun filtered through the foliage of trees. Dust fell from the ceiling as a crisp wind howled through the door, the sound of mice gnawing books. He looked at the floor, covered in dust. . . no signs of people. . .  neither print, nor blood.  He sighed a heavy sigh, both relief and dispair.

He was alone. The Boss was gone. . .  the trusty blades and footpads had melted into the darkness if they where smart, those others now slept in unmarked graves. He grinned despite himself, best to think of it as a culling, a pulling of weeds. The strong survived, the weak fell by the wayside. If the Boss where alive this would be a new beginning, pray the boss where alive, that some fool had not taken over. Fools always felt the need to ostracize the old guard so to speak.

He covered his tracks as best as he could. Turned over a few things, and looted a few coin, let em think it was looters. He made a note to watch the door for the next few weeks, perhaps others would make their presence known. . . even if it meant exposing himself, he had few options.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:07:45 pm »

The wake of all that had happened, was devastation. Men came out of the shadow one by one, like Nu'jhelom jackals. The Boss was back, healthy and whole as he had ever been remembered. Blades made themselves known, but it seemed Maccen was the last thug. . . the last nonprofessional as he had been made so painfully aware on many occasions. The Boss never said such, but it was in the eyes of every agent and cutthroat. For lack of a better term, he found himself the "Professional Thug" so to speak as new blood poured in. "Watch her well Maccen me boy." "Make certain ye train her well" the Boss had said.

He grinned as he watched the woman known as Rachael Bingo dance, she gyrated in ways he'd only seen on exotic islands. She where small framed like he, muscles toned by years of practice, could bend in ways he had only dreamt women could and had a bosom he'd gladly be buried alive in. Training her would be a treat so he thought. But beside all that, the woman was something between vulgar and lady like, with a humour. She fit right in as someone he'd like and deep in his mind he was aware this may very well mean he should be close but not too close. No telling when yer friends might turn on ye, nor should ye sleep with the help. Then again, what was life if you did not enjoy it, what did tomorrow matter if today had been wild and free? Meaningless of course.

Pond eh, Amelia Pond. She where out of the organization now. He'd put a few things together, thoughts really. Unrelated events seemingly and possibly far fetched and overly paranoid if he where wrong. . .   Boss had taken that recommendation, not that he needed much help after the woman had -followed- them took way too eagerly to things and hung on each word yet could not learn to hang her tongue out to dry someplace and keep shut up. He wondered how long before she would truly cross paths with them again. Time would tell.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:19:18 pm »

So, he found himself in Vesper, sitting on a cheap bed upstairs at the Swagger's. Gods he never expected to spend so much time in Vesper ever again. There was a reason he did not live here. He swore under his breath. Boss needed him to do this though, he had to make up for past mistakes. He remembered his shame he felt. .  Gods why did he feel shame? No he felt as though he looked stupid, he slammed a fist into the dresser, and that pissed him off. So much so he had almost tracked Bingo down and beat her to within an inch of her life. Somehow he had calmed down, some reason he realized it was his own fault.

That was then, this was now.

He had a man to watch for, a man who was being sent here to do the job he was told to prevent by the same man who had sent him to stop the act he had ordered. . .   Fecking confusing as the Abyss. Perhaps the old man was crazy, perhaps just a genius. There was the Mill. . .  he always spoke of it with enjoyment and seemed to like the whole thing. What Maccen had never figured out was weather the Boss meant he loved what came from it. . . or the act itself. The Mill sickened Maccen but he was not naive, such things can be necessary in this line of work to make things happen as needed, perhaps Fain had gone further than Kiran wanted him to? Maybe, maybe, maybe. There was nothing for it really, he could turn it over and over. What mattered if Kiran had ordered women and children slaughtered? He was getting paid right? Boss knew his limits. . . and women and children was one of them.

The plan with Becca was in place, now they just had to wait for the woodsy fellow to appear. . . and hopefully nail him to the wall.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:31:02 pm »

Maccen my boy,
 recently your work has started to impress me once more, we shall forget about one or two past mistakes and focus on the future, I trust still that Rebecca is safe? I have enclosed thirty shillings for you to be recieved at the Swaggers inn, keep me informed of any new leads, and make sure no harm come to Rebecca.

Kiran.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:58:48 pm »

The man before him had brown hair and stank of plants and herbs. Normally, this would be a welcome smell but Maccen knew these herbs. Wytch magics. He sneered inwardly with disdain at this "help" that had been sent. The man wreaked of self-important cockery, well ye can nay always choose who you work with and seeing as he'd somehow become the one in charge. Yes he'd use him, wytch had uses of course no need to be so closed minded. At least that is what Maccen told himself over and over after the man left him.

He glanced about Swaggers, no sign of Becca, no sign of patrons, no sign of trouble. The feck had happened around here? Maybe he was in luck and militia remnants had killed themselves by ritual animal mauling or something equally amusing. . . .  death by injesting poison ivy?
These thoughts concerned him for a few hours before with a heavy sigh he trudged back upstairs. Mail on his bed? Who. . .  Ed? He looked about with slight paranoia and picked up the letter, heavy, jingley, shilling filled. He grinned as he pocket the coin and read the letter. Ahh the Boss was a good one. He set the letter to a candle and watched it burn into ashes on the bedside.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:37:15 am »

The Trial came and he did he part. Recounting the tail of how the Bailiff was brutally assaulted and telling his small lie to the court. He'd never actually heard Night mock the Bailiff but in court it was a damning enough entreaty. The eventually found her guilty of criminal deriliction of duties and aiding and abetting, lashes, reduction in rank, and a fine of cash.  Atleast she had hurt for it, but she wouldn't forget his role in it, nor would her family. It was time to insulate himself, he'd have to work very hard for those burgher papers, and take other methods to protect himself. Already he suspected agents of the Shadowhand's about him. Kelban had shown up in the Goblin and let on that he had a big pay out commin when he finished a job. . his gaze had wandered to Maccen. Also Maccen didn't like how the man had flaunted his money. . .  like any shadowhand lakey they all always had money, rivers of it! Now the man presumed to buy him a drink, A "Shadowhand Stout" no less, a message perhaps? The man admited to being with the Silver Dawn Order. . . same as Luke. Maccen was certain the man was plotting to get revenge on himself or an associate.  Hopefully he would see the boss and could warn him of his suspicios. Suspicions? Paranoia! Damnit it couldn't go throw such supposition at the bosses feet cause he was scared.

Damnit where was Becca, or Ed, or even that Gabriel Drachen!? Whre was anybody!?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length