Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:13:57 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Report: Mass ~ 27th September
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Mass ~ 27th September  (Read 2322 times)
Vortimer
Church Of Cove
Guest Of Cove

DEUS VULT!!

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:06 am »

Brothers,

Let it be known henceforth that I hath conducted mass this Sundaye, the sabbath, and didst telle the faithful fewe that hath attended mass to come hither so that I might collect their tithes. I hath recorded the naymes of those in Cove present, and, more importantly, recorded the naymes of those who were veritably not present. Eke, I fear that the people of Cove hath strayed from the Light. Alack, we doth hath much work to do Brothers, lest Cove fall, as Guardian fell from the Heavens, into a state of Hellish moral corruption!

Preacher Celebrant:
Vortimer, Templar Squire

Priest Concelebrant:
Tameris Deacon, Chaplain

Among the Congregation
Railen Morana, Watchman
Keitaro Kazami, Junior Grenadier
Sergio Jarrett, Junior Scout
Leander Le Blanc, Junior Guardsman
Abigail Keres, Junior Arcanist

Below though shalt find a written account of mine sermon complete with copper etchings inked by the Church scriveners. The crux of mine sermon this week didst focus on individual suffering.

Ave, mine chyldren, bless’d be! Welcome to the celebration and worship of His Holiness, Avatar. Before we begin the sermon today I doth hath a few announcements. Firstly, wytchery of ANY sort shall no longer be tolerated in Cove. If thou hath questions of what doth constitute the foul practice of wytchery see me and I shall clarify it for thee. Please request a branding forthwith if thou art an Arcanist. This is the ONLY approved form of "conjouring." Second, tis imperative ev'ry citizen of Cove be baptized to ensure thou shalt be married unto His eternal kingdom. Now let us digress unto the reason we hath gathered here together today. To Celebrate Avatar. To Celebrate Avatar’s suffering. As Covians we experience suffering in our daily life. Losses. Deaths. We art subjected to theft, lust, vices of epic caliber. Yet, in His name we persevere through these sufferings. Should we be saddened, lamenting and mourning our current state when calamity befalls us? NO! NO INDEED. We should be greatful, and pray for further suffering. Ev'ry dead babe, every slain guardsman, ev'ry bout of plague. ‘Tis part of the natural cycle of Lithos, Archangel of “Earth" who Higher Being fashioned when He didst gaze upon His creation Sosaria, ensuring 'twas good. As a fig doth crumple when it ripens, as a wizened apple falls from a branch, so will Covians perish, and Covian babies die. 'Tis the way of things; from this we should SUFFER and suffer sincerely, but also CELEBRATE. For in our melancholy, pain, suffering and mis’ry, we LEARN INSIGHT about our savior, Avatar. Each blow thee receive is a reward. Each finger sliced off by an Orc or Drow is a Providence. And thou shouldst offer the severed digit up to Higher Being in humble reverence. If thy arm is sliced off on the battlefield, hold the bloody pulp to the heavens! AND REJOICE. DO NOT FEAR DEATH, BUT SEEK MARTYRDOM! Through our individual suffering we gain paramount INSIGHT AND EMPATHY toward Him. FEELING what our Lord and Savior Avatar experienced when he suffered and died so unmercifully at the demonic hand of the fallen Archangel Guardian. We are heirs with Avatar in the eternal kingdom, but ONLY if we suffer WITH Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him. Suffering must be embraced in order to obtain the glory Higher Being hath bestowed unto Avatar. However, LET ME MAKE ONE THING CLEAR AS CRYSTAL TO THEE! Agony, mis'ry, mourning, and suffering FOR Him is noble and necessary, BUT To e’er herald thy own suffering as EQUAL to that of Avatar would be a terrible sin. THE GREAT SIN OF PRESUMPTION. To presume thou hath a mind that knows the secrets of the DIVINE. Thou can ne’er know the TRUE extent of His sacrifice, nor e’er suffer as horribly as did THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. NE'ER PUT THYSELF ON A PEDESTAL BESIDE AVATAR, THE HOLY SPECTRE, OR HIGHER BEING! If thee were't to do such a thing, thou wouldst be damned to a fiery chasm in Hell. Where thee would rot and burn in a mixture of BOILING PUS AND BLOOD with Guardians daemons. In Hell, for PRESUMPTION thou wouldst be crushed with heavy clubs of iron. Then for thy 'golden tongue' that claimed to KNOW Avatar TOO well, thou wouldst be FORCED To clean the very BOWELS OF HELL, The floors of all the sinners and their METAPHORICAL AND PHYSICAL EXCREMENT. Forced to lick the damned's blashphemy and thine own, with thine own tongue. For eternity.

So please, my beloved chyldren, whom I love and protect. I pray thee remember this:
Only Avatar and his word on earth: THE HOLY CHURCH, who loves its chyldren so dearly,
are capable of thinking in the divine way and able to interpret His texts. For without us, there is no salvation, no consolation for thy suffering, no Heavens. Remember to suffer long, and suffer severely in honor of the Lord. AND REMEMBER THY PLACE IN SOCIETYE, CHYLDREN OF THE LIGHT! So it is written and so it shall be done! Go forth to complete Avatar's will and testament!
AUMEN!

*Signed*
Friar Vortimer
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:47:40 am by Vortimer » Logged

"The Covian Beau Séant is half black and half white, for that is the character of a Templar. Our wholly white tabards represent fairness towards Avatarians, whilst our leaded black capes show we are dark and terrible towards heretics." —Fr. Clement Vortimer
Altair De Nostra
Inquisitor
Guest Of Cove

Templí De Avatari

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »

Excellent sermon Friar Vortimer, you truly show great promise.

Carry on the will of the lord..

Signed-
Father Altair De Nostra

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length