Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:46:02 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Trial of Atrus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Trial of Atrus  (Read 2324 times)
Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:35:13 pm »

Written in old style writing, clear and readable

Leading - Atrus, Guardsman Recruit
Raven, Regular Grenadier
Lucas Drachen, Junior Grenadier
Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
Keane Wakefield, Officer Cadet
Cal'ain Cui'nir, Guardsman Recruit
Leanne Melior, Guardsman Recruit

Set Trial was ready, going down to the Wisps.  Going down to the deepest part and solving the maze there. Killing atleast one Balron at the lowest level. It all started pretty good as we head from the Covian gate to Honesty. Went through the mountain pass and the place of Wisps. Walling in the halls was something I have never seen before. It was amazing! Anyway after we got down the stairs I told each and everyone to help each other and to stay together. I would have thought they all knew what that means. Was wrong. After they went down to fight off Dark Wisps thats where it want all wrong. No one listen to anything and they all where fights around and getting hurt. After awhile and some yelling I thought maybe we could do it. But the more I heard of "it will never happen" the more I fell. A few more tries and then I called it quits. A Covian never retreats but when they could lose there lives. I called it off. I will have no one die while I was leading them......

After we all left we headed back to cove were I dismissed everyone. Heartbroken that I failed, I now set my eyes on completing it. I will learn everything there is about that place so I can lead my new team there and WIN!

Signed,
        -- Guardsman Recruit Atrus

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 11:55:17 pm »

*a few more lines have been scribbled at the bottom of the report*

I never expected anyone of you would manage to actually forfill it. This trial was not just for Atrus, it was for everyone. And from what I read and heard, I'm very disappointed! Not only the fact that most were ignoring orders, also about the unprepardness from each of you. It doesn't matter what rank the leading man holds. As long as he leads, he gives orders and EVERYONE will listen' to them. I've seen it already months ago in the Tokunese mines and heard about the latest expidition to Hythloth. I hope this time finally everyone got his head washed and eyes open! The discipline lacks in this so called army!

As for the hunt itself.... If anyone would have to hold for a moment and think of plan that actually could work, it'd be an easy expidition. I ordered Leanne to share as less hints with you as possible. For myself, I've been down these lairs to the bottom several times, before I joined the Covian army.

Here a few hints to survive the undead spawn on the second level.
  • Use a Confusion Blast as soon as you enter
  • Form an Arkay in a corner
  • Focus on the wisps, not on the mages
  • Start running as soon as the situation allows it

With all that, use your heads before you act! I will keep that trial open for everyone to trial. Show your skills as leader! Do not blame the recruit, more do prove that you're any better! A posse ad esse - From possibility to actuality!

Ilyana, Arcanist Corporal

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:56 pm »

In Attendance:
Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal (leading)
Kyte, Watchman
Cal'ain Cui'gnir, Watchman

I heard lots of more expirienced guardsmen muttering and grunting about my apprentice, but none of them had the guts to step up theirselves and try their luck. Seems like most of the Covian soldiers have muscles, but not able to use their brains. I kept hearing "We ain't enough men for that!" and the like, but a well planned strategy can overcome all numbers.

I did gather two (2) guardsmen at the barracks. I told them my orders clearly and we set off to the Wisp Dungeon in Ilshenar. Entering it, we moved slowly through the first floor and eventually arrived at the point, where the other troop failed. Watchman Kyte was ordered to check out the spawn at the bottom of the stairs. Yes, I did send the scout ahead, because that's his freakin' job, to scout out the enemy! As said, strategy is more important than brute strengh, so I ordered them to quickly run behind me, ignoring any dark mage tha' stood in our way. One does really not need to fight when there's a chance to evade it.

Later, we came across the teleporter maze. Indeed, I had hard to remember the right word. As said, that word is not of human tongue. It is a wisp word, so most will not have understood it. We found the secret door at the end of the maze and now the only thing left was the balron. With a brilliant skirmish tactic, we brought it down quickly and left the dungeon without any loss nor any injuries, no one did fall a single time.

Back in Cove, Watchman Cal and myself did donate our share of 500, while Watchman Kyte kept his. I hope now that other guardsmen finally see the importance of strategy in battle.

Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length