Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:39:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Training Drill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Training Drill  (Read 1890 times)
Alfred Bohr
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:21:27 pm »

When: Sunday afternoon
Where: Barrack rooftop

Commanding Officer: Corporal Ilyana
Guardsmen in attendance:
- Junior Arcanist Thomas Aylmer
- Guardsman Recruit Alfred Bohr

Whilst discussing my seemingly never-ending status as a recruit with Corporal Ilyana, she kindly offered to run a training session for Junior Arcanist Thomas Aylmer and myself in order to better this lowly scum of a recruit as a human being. After arriving at the roof of the barracks and lining up, Ilyana proceeded to explain the structure of formal parade orders, in that each order is built of three parts. She then proceeded to train us (though mostly me) in various different kinds of orders, including but not exclusive to "Face left"; "Salute to the fore" and "Sound off".
  The next part of training incorporated a vital part of any fighting partnership: cross-healing. In giving us a chance to practise the aforementioned technique -Thomas Aylmer and myself teaming up and healing each other (specifically not ourselves) whilst she attacked us- we gained a greater understanding of this art.
  Finally, the commanding officer decreed a free-for-all, in which she swiftly defeated Aylmer and myself. She then advised me on how to rank foes in attack order, in that the more experienced spellcasters should be attacked first, then the less experienced, then non-spellcasters.
  Simply put, a lot of things were learnt in this training session.

Below is a sketch of the session taken by the gracious Thomas Aylmer.

*Signed neatly* Guardsman Recruit Alfred Bohr

*Signed neatly* Alfred Bohr, Guardsman Recruit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length