Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:46:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  -Watchman Trials- Jassi Cowin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: -Watchman Trials- Jassi Cowin  (Read 3004 times)
Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:38:50 am »

Well then, Kid's shown interest in being a Grenadier. I suppose this will be a way to test your metal Kid, Don't think I am going easy on you. Grenadiers eat nails for breakfast and shite fire. We'll make a man out of you yet!

Beat The Orcs? Nay, Embarrass them!

"Alright Kid, Grenadiers aren't the unstoppable force they are because of their armor. We put all of our trust into our fellow soldiers. I want you to prove you can trust your fellow soldier and that they can trust you."

Task:
Lead a group of guardsman into Cove's Orc Fort wearing no armor. Battle your way through the fort till you arrive at the docks. Kill at least two of the larger brutes before making your way back to The Barracks. Remember to heal your comrades and vice versa.

Honor The Fallen Sergeant, AKA Valentine's Day

"Vince Valentine, a Well known Grenadier Sergeant. Valentine's day is coming up soon and I feel we should honor him in some way. No, You're not laying flowers on his grave, You're going to Go get the Trophy that got him his position as a Grenadier!"

Task:
Take a force of guardsman to The Dungeon of Ice. Enter The Dungeon and take on The Frozen Ogre Lords that live within it. Bring back at least two of their frozen clubs as a Trophy. Keep one and place the other in The Church's Graveyard after saying a small prayer for Valentine, For The Avatar.

Grenadierized and Finalized

"You wanted to be a Grenadier at one time Cowin, This final task is to be completed only after you have performed the other two..You will seek out a Grenadier to show you the ropes in Combat. You will duel with them and get tips from them and learn a little about our Style. I don't expect you to beat any of us Cowin, But if you manage to I can assure you'll be one step closer to being accepted by The Squad."

Task:
Seek out a Grendier. Ask them to duel you on the barracks roof and ask them for pointers in combat. Report on what you learned.

"Don't dissappoint me Cowin, Remember these arms are not so easily earned. Many have died trying. Get your arse up to Junior then we can begin discussing your entrance into The Grenadiers."

Signed,
Lucas Drachen, Junior Grenadier
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:56:38 pm by Lucas Drachen » Logged

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »

A note to myself: These are my second Watchman trials as I was unable to complete the trials provided by Buttons, this was many moons ago, it appears that I am one of the few guardsmen around in the early morning sunrises of Cove, while the rest of Cove is sleeping or something like that.. I was going to complete the first trials though, don't get me wrong, it is just that I was kidnapped by a woman.. I was shocked to see some brand new trials available, ones that I will complete this time, perhaps they finally want to get me to reach the rank of Junior Guardsman..

Alright, so this first task, I did exactly what it said.. I led a group into Cove's orc fort, we stripped down and successfully cleaned the orc fort, making our way to the docks and killing multiple orc brutes.. The way back home from the docks got a bit rough, we were ambushed by a group of orcs but we held it together and no guardsmen were killed or severely injured, I was very impressed with the group, much more than myself, but I have been made a better guardsman out of it..

Attended:

Cal'ain Cui'gnir - Guardsman Recruit
Pickles - Officer Cadet
Leanne Melior - Guardsman Recruit

*sketches*

*signed*

Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 03:39:49 pm »

So task  number two took a bit longer to write up than expected, I did actually did this task the same day as the first one...

The task was simple, but more Guardsmen showed up than I really needed... I mean, six guardsmen to kill two Arctic Ogre Lords, it was maybe like thirty seconds.. But we didn't return home, no, I mean why would we do that? We stayed.. And we killed about fifteen more, but why stop there? Why not kill chill out in this cave for a while, kill some ice fiends and a couple white wyrms? For some reason, that's what we decided to do.. I guess we can consider it a extension of the original task, something to make it more challenge, for the size of the group we had, yes, that's it..

Even though I did not know him, I was told to honor Vince Valentine for Valentines Day, I placed one of the clubs at the graveyard in order to honor him, but he is not buried there apparently.. The task that I had done was what Vince had to do to become a grenadier, I suppose this will help me understand more about what being a grenadier is like, by following in his footsteps.. Lucas explained how he was a legend amongst grenadiers in the blaze of glory.. To me, he truly sounds like an inspiration and I would have loved to have known him..

Guardsmen in attendance:

Torrak Keres - Commander
Pickles - Officer Cadet
Lucas Drachen - Junior Grenadier
Leanne Melior - Guardsmen Recruit
Keane Wakefield - Officer Cader

*sketches*

*signed*

- Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:36 pm »

So for my final task I was asked to find a grenadier and duel him on the roof of the barracks and get tips... This was rather difficult as I couldn't exactly find one, so I went and told Lucas, who apparently isn't a grenadier, but he's like their chief... So Lucas and I went up to the roof top and he started giving me all kinds of helpful pointers and tips on flexibility in combat..

So I was picking my weapons of choice, which he gave me tips on as well, my war fork seemed to be the most effective on my opponent, it is a fast and powerful weapon for those who like to stab their opponent, my lance was slow, but a harder hitter, however, it was a bit clumsy of a weapon, the rest of the fencing weapons I would not recommend unless one is a scout, they are fast but there is really no hard hitters,. therefore, I have decided I am going to start using macing weapons. Lucas and I both agree it should benefit me more in combat..

I did not beat Lucas in combat, but I have a more clear understanding of what being a grenadier is like and I am anxious to become one.. I have a few things to do first, like becoming a official Junior Guardsman, hopefully after this report, training in mace fighting, a few tasks, grenadier trials, the road is still long ahead, Cove is my home and I hope to do them proud by being seen as one of Coves finest.

I have a few sketches..

*signed*

Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length