Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:42:56 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Report: Mass ~ 6th February
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Mass ~ 6th February  (Read 2011 times)
Vortimer
Church Of Cove
Guest Of Cove

DEUS VULT!!

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:41:27 am »

Celebrants:
Father Clement Vortimer
Sister Mirja Vuolle

The Congregation:
Lucas Drachen
Railen Morana
Robin Quill
Elizabeth Martin
Sergio Jarret
Leander Le Blanc
Abigail Keres
Jhonas Adraldor

This Sundaye the bell in the Church tower didst toll and shortly thereafter the Guardsmen came to take a knee and pray to their saviour His Holiness Avatar. To my joy many guardsmen didst come hither this sabbath.

To demonstrate the benevolence of the Church I didst keep mass briefer than usual because I would again be bestowing Avatars blessing at the upcoming wedding. The Virtue discussed was “Humility” I hath noticed a certain furious pride amongst the Guardsmen recently, and that shall be stopped, for tis the Lords will that all men remain humble whilst living out their life in Sosaria regardless of fame or wealth; such hubris is intolerable and likely pagan. Fortunately for their sake they didst know well who the Archangel Stratos was, who I didst hail as a radiant beacon of the Virtue Humilitas.

I hath transcribed my sermon below:

“We shalt have a brief mass today, for thou shalt  recieve the Lord's blessing again at the wedding later. The theme of the sermon shall be HUMILITY. HUMILITY. What a wonderful virtue 'tis. In the Lord's tongue tis pronounced HUMILITAS HUMILITY is something the Guardsmen of Cove wouldst do well to learn. For tis the cardinal virtue of temperance. Doth the army hath HUMILITY? Or doth thee brag about thy prowess? Doth the efforts on self satisfaction or doth they pray silently and pray SINCERLY to our Lord and savior Avatar and when they KILL who doth pray for their soul? Pennance MUST be done! Killing must ONLY be done in His name. However, if there are many heathen, then let their blood be spilled all over Cove's portcullis, if need be. But keep the air of HUMILITAS about thee when doing Avatar's work. Verily, tis modesty, submission, reverence. NEVER being arrogant, rude, or full of CONTEMPT. A quality by which a person doth consider his own defects hath a humble opinion of himself and willingly doth submit himself to Higher Being. Stratos doth embody HUMILITY Stratos who is WHICH ARCHANGEL? Air. To be humble is to be like air. To make thyself invisible.
FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. To make thyself invisible with wytchery wouldst be a grave offense indeed. Stratos who doth giveth us the VERY AIR WE BREATH is humble. Avatar is the ultimate definition of HUMILITAS. For he didst extoll that virtue up til his aescention
and through his aescention. HE DID NOT REVILE WHEN HE SUFFERED, HE THREATENED NOT. Higher Being doth detest the proud, but giveth reward to the humble. So, I tell thee Covians, stay humble.
IT MISS EST.
Go forth to serve Avatar.”

Sister Vuolle collected the tithe and I concluded the mass with a group baptism to ensure that no one in Cove doth go unbaptized. I then performed the final rite and gave the sign of the ankh before I didst allow them to proceed to the parade.

SEMPER FIDELIS

*Signed and stamped with the chapter seal*
Sir Vortimer
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:00:27 am by Vortimer » Logged

"The Covian Beau Séant is half black and half white, for that is the character of a Templar. Our wholly white tabards represent fairness towards Avatarians, whilst our leaded black capes show we are dark and terrible towards heretics." —Fr. Clement Vortimer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length