Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:41:12 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Field Craft And Survival
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Field Craft And Survival  (Read 3111 times)
Zared
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:49:13 am »

*The penmanship is a rather small but very neat print. The brushstrokes suggest years of practice and an enormous amount of time taken for each word. The parchment it is written on is crisp and new*

Addressed:

To Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman

Led by;
Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman

Attended by;
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Leanne Melior, Watchman
Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout (Halfway through)
Perrin, Regular Guardsman
Jassi Cowin, Junior Guardsman
Zared Maleis, Guardsman Recruit

The assignment was to be Field craft and Survival. Per the previously arranged time we, the group, were in front by 8 and a half bells past the midday. Following Sr. Guardsman Eason's perusal and inspection of our attire and accoutrements we made our way southeast. Watchman Leanne and myself were made to carry the needed supplies. And though heavy, neither of us complained. In fact I believe I saw a smirk cross the Watchman's face. It seems there is little she cannot do.

Once at the designated location we were instructed to construct a sentry. A task I had attempted in formation once before, I found the leathers easier to adjust above the wood this time around. We had been given a time limit of ten minutes and though not completely finished we had a good start and were nearly finished when the "Time" was called. I recall at one point Watchman Melior reminding me to put in an entryway. This is something I stumbled with my first time around. Senior Guardsman and my mentor, Eason; had words for me when I let him in without so much as a password. I will make sure not to make this mistake again.

When the sentry was to his satisfaction he gave us a new task, dispatch a Lich. Placing Watchman Melior in charge we made our way to the graveyard northwest of our location. The little devil tried to evade us and escaped the graveyard but we managed to thwart his escape and permanently put him asunder. Completing this we headed back to the sentry.

The only hitch to this outing was the arrival of an Orc! I did not get the chance to defend as all too quickly our group was covering the intruder. IN the end we watched him limp away without a shred of his dignity.

I have included some sketches. My artwork with pencil is not so good, though I hope you are able to make it out.

*The signature is flowing and easy, as if less time were taken with it than the report above it*

Signed:
Zared Maleis, Guardsman Recruit
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:04:47 am by Zared » Logged
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:17 am »

Ye spelled my name wrong in this report and Leannes!

Also.. Ye left out Perrin, Regular Guardsman from the list of attended.. *grins*

Besides that, I am so proud of you!

- Jassi Cowin

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:44:16 am »

Excellent work, Recruit! Only some minor mistakes Junior Cowin has pointed out, but otherwise fine penmanship and a good command of the King's language!

And aye! Remember to have a password! *Grins*

Gregor Eason
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Zared
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:06:45 am »

*Salutes*

I've fixed the mistakes Junior Guardsman Cowin has pointed out. And thank you, Senior Guardsman Eason. Hopefully there will be many reports to follow, from me.

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »

Good, good! One other thing. Post your reports in the note regarding your Apprenticeship.

Gregor Eason
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length