Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:04 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  So I'm writing a novel...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So I'm writing a novel...  (Read 2630 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2017, 05:31:32 am »

My fellow Covian brothers and sisters. Right now I'm writing a novel about the great time I had within this wonderful community. Meaning, I bring the story and a close friend brings it on papers. Currently, I have 8.5 chapters and about 90 pages of text. The novel is supposed to be three acts / books with around 12-15 chapters each.

I already was able to clarify copyright cases with Richard Lord British Garriot himself, meaning, the towns and world will have different names, like Yww will be Stroud, Vesper will be Durrun and Cove will be Shoreham, etc.

Now, I wanted to ask you guys (at least those that still visit these boards), what you think about it and if you'd be willing to "lend" your characters for it.

The story's overall focus will be put on Ilyana of course, but other main roles would be:

Act 1:
- Rita and Ruby Whalebiter
- Bersi
- Kal Shadowhand as Fred*
- Gabriel and Lucas Drachen
- Abigail Keres
- Iolan Grimsditch
- Viktor Kien
- Kas Valentine
- Celuvian Haap
- Jennifer Feather
- Minor Roles by Elizabeth Pickles Martin, Raiden Morana, Torrak Keres and Hoagie

Act 1 contains Ily's first months in the army, up to the Altmere riots and the arcanist trials for her, and ends with the battle of Jhelom and the death of the Whalebiters, Iolan and Jen, and the retirement of Raiden, while Torrak becoming the new Commander

Act2 (probable cast, not definite set yet):
- Bersi
- Kal Shadowhand*
- Elizabeth Pickles Martin
- Abigail, Torrak & Cailin Keres
- Hoagie
- Cor'Vani*
- Kiran
- Leanne Melior
- Celuvian Haap
- Kas Valentine
- Keitaro Kazami
- Brenna Nightshade
- Sergio Jarrett
- Minor Roles by Gabriel and Lucas Drachen, Faden Wildheart and Markus Kobra

Act 2 will be about Ilyana experimenting with Blackrock and getting slowly infected by it, becoming that utter bitch she was for a while, Bersi trying to scheme for power and manipulate Ilyana, up to the point with Kal, Cor'Vani and Brenna deserting the army and ending with Cove saving Yew's buttholes during the plague

Any thoughts?

*I know Kal is unfortunaly unable to give his two cents, but you think he'd be okay with the idea / would like the idea?

Sincerely,
Ilybanana
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:20:29 pm by Leanne Melior » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:50:52 pm »

Just make sure your Covians are sufficiently terrible people. We wouldn't want people thinking we've gone soft in our transition to the literary world.

Also, Ilyyyyyyyy! How're things?

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 03:03:51 pm »

Also, added you on Steam. You'll know it's me because the avatar is a badly drawn cartoon version of George Washington melting the (offscreen) British with his laser beam eyes.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 03:55:40 pm »

Of course Keres. I'll make Torrak the worst person ever, so 100% accurate Smiley

I'm doing fine, my thanks. Hope you're good and healthy as well

Also, added you and your beautiful profile pic on Steam Smiley

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:20:18 pm »

Hi, great to hear about this.

I'm doing a similar project but with my Yew character *ducks from sudden missiles and any flamethrowing from Kas*  I'm curious with your choice of towns.. Stroud is just up the road from where I live so would be weird for me to write Yew as that, but I'm thinking up new names for the other places.

I'm 3 chapters in to my first draft and have at least 3 books planned for the series.

Would be good to here how you're getting on and where you plan to publish.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 02:47:27 am »

- Minor Roles by Elizabeth Pickles Martin, Torrak Keres and Hoagie

Absolutely tantruming.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:13 pm »

Sheesh, Hoagie. We didn't have much to do with each other until the Jhelom Campaign. You get a bigger role in part 2 :p

Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 05:41:30 am »

Huh, cool. Go for it. Grin

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:53:41 am »

Oh wow!

All the best with this!

I really hope it comes to fruition!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length