Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:18:55 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Greetings and an update or two
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Greetings and an update or two  (Read 3875 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:51:04 pm »

Hi all!

It's great seeing Cove active again. I first started UO in 2000 (Lake Superior shard for some reason), moving to Europa near the end of 2005 where I joined BoC. Imho UO has never been bettered for roleplaying, and I'm glad to see free-to-play has brought back the community.

After logging in a few times since Endless Journey, I've been absent. My gaming room ceiling needed completely replacing and replastering, which meant the room also needed painting. Due to this, my PC has been packed away longer than expected.

Once set up, though, my time in UO will be limited. My wife and I have a baby due in October, and my first novel is being published. Between a new baby and trying to squeeze in writing (as well as my day job), my UO time will be limited!

For anyone interested, my first novel, Resurrection Men (by David Craig), will be published as an ebook on 31/08 from Amazon, itunes and other such sites. The paperback comes out around the 22 October (same date the baby is due!).

Below is a link to the press release if anyone's interested.
http://elsewhen.press/wp/wp-content/uploads/collateral/06Aug2018.PR.pdf

I've made a public facebook page with book updates and photos from real places featured in the book (those still around).
https://www.facebook.com/sooty.feathers.7

Meanwhile, I'll hopefully be back in Britannia in a week or so. I see Cove is at war with Vesper again - good to see the old traditions being kept alive!

Garak Nightchill/Roland Dagorian
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 10:07:05 pm »

Great to hear from you mate! Congratulations on both, busy man!

Now get back in game and help us win this war - and deal out some holy blessings, while you are at it! Wink

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 07:08:28 am »

Baronship of Bookwriters is it?

Glad to hear form you mate and good to see you back! Smiley

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 08:38:44 am »

Glad to hear you're doing well! I look forward to seeing you in game. Smiley

Your book sounds very cool.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 08:38:57 pm »

Congratulations on the baby man! And the forthcoming book!  Smiley

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 03:03:13 pm »

My book, Resurrection Men, is now out as an ebook! If anyone's interested...

https://elsewhen.press/index.php/catalogue/title/resurrection-men/

The bottom of the above link has links to sites the ebook is available from, such as iTunes, Amazon Kindle.  The paperback will be out in late October.

Glasgow 1893.
Wilton Hunt, a student, and Tam Foley, a laudanum-addicted pharmacist, are pursuing extra-curricular careers as body snatchers, or ‘resurrection men’, under cover of darkness. They exhume a girl’s corpse, only for it to disappear while their backs are turned. Confused and in need of the money the body would have earnt them, they investigate the corpse’s disappearance. They discover that bodies have started to turn up in the area with ripped-out throats and severe loss of blood, although not the one they lost. The police are being encouraged by powerful people to look the other way, and the deaths are going unreported by the press. As Hunt and Foley delve beneath the veneer of respectable society, they find themselves entangled in a dangerous underworld that is protected from scrutiny by the rich and powerful members of the elite but secretive Sooty Feathers Club.
Meanwhile, a mysterious circus arrives in the middle of the night, summoned to help avenge a betrayal two centuries old…
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 08:04:37 pm »

My daughter Sophie was born on Thursday mornig, 5 weeks early. Doing well Smiley
As such, my playing time will b v erratic, at least until she's home. 

Kelly: apologies fornot picking up the armour tet, will try and arrange to when abke.
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:35 am »

Congratulations!

Both on the book and the baby. That's really exciting stuff!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »

My daughter Sophie was born on Thursday mornig, 5 weeks early. Doing well Smiley
As such, my playing time will b v erratic, at least until she's home. 

Kelly: apologies fornot picking up the armour tet, will try and arrange to when abke.

Yarr! Congrats man Smiley

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length